CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 09-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
stoeone
Newcomer

stoeone is cool... so far.
My Project Car

I own a 1990 Honda Acoord EX i want this car as a project its a special car to me, its automatic but i am thinking of switching the tranny to manual to give it a much better boost.. but that will happen later down the road... right now wanna focus on MPG and speed and safety, give me any ideas on what should i install first as a beginner,,,, dont go over the top with me with all these parts haha slowit down one by one explain to me experts i know people on here have experience,,, give me some ideas ans ill write down thank you.
stoeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #2
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Instead of asking folks on here to list off all the different modifications that you can do and the necessary parts to buy, try searching on here instead. This place is a vast resource for exactly that. Just take some time to read up as much as you can on this car. The stickies at the top of every page are the best (yet seemingly least obvious, for some reason) place to start. Do that and your questions won't be so broad.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:54 PM   #3
sonikaccord
Contributing Member

sonikaccord seems to have made some friends!
Don't install anything performance oriented, yet. Your car is 25 years old, you need to do preventative maintenance on everything (hoses, balljoints and bushings, rubber components, etc.) as well as make sure you have a tune-up, timing belt & water pump records.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:02 AM   #4
Timoteo
CB7tuner Member

Timoteo is cool... so far.
make you and your car loose weight. Thats how you gain mpg and speed. If you are looking for purchasable upgrades wheels, tires, sway bars, strut tower bars, and new bushing would be what you are looking for. All this stuff would improve handling give you better speed through corners and making the car all around safer. The mpg wouldnt decrease too much if at all. Maintaining good tire pressure, clean air filters, doing valve adjustment(hard for noobs) would be more of your mpg maintainance
Timoteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:56 AM   #5
HCoupe
CB7tuner Member

HCoupe is cool... so far.
All the preventive stuff, but the first performance upgrade should be brakes and tires. I've see too many cars with 200 to 600 hp in Civics and Crxs on stock binders & rotors, sometimes with used tires manufactured five years ago! To me that's more scary than their acceleration.

You got to get your thirty posts somehow, Jarrett. lol
HCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:10 AM   #6
H311RA151N
Gold Member

H311RA151N seems to have made some friends! H311RA151N seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikaccord View Post
Don't install anything performance oriented, yet. Your car is 25 years old, you need to do preventative maintenance on everything (hoses, balljoints and bushings, rubber components, etc.) as well as make sure you have a tune-up, timing belt & water pump records.
^^^ This.

Maintenance. That is the biggest booster of MPG, power, driveability and reliability.

-----------------------------------------In The Tetons----------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloryaccordy View Post
Holy fuck, it's the weekend man.
H311RA151N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beginner , help me , honda , idea , upgrad

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: