Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

good streetable cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good streetable cam?

looking to find a good cam to run. Heard about an a6 cam but I want some more options. Looking for a mild rebuild on my car,stock bottom end,bigger cam and injectors(?) ecu,tune,header and intake. Price isn't a big concern when it comes to my cam,definitely don't wanna cheap out there lol. I'm not looking to make record-breaking passes but I will run it on the strip a few times just to see what it can do,itll mainly be a daily driver/weekend romp donkey. If anyone could point me the right way,it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks yall
    Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
    dmfb919

There aren’t many options for the f22a for camshaft. Most people go with a regrind from either delta camshaft or webs. However Bisimoto still offers camshafts for our motor, yet if you search his name and camshaft, you will find a lot of people who receive his cams did not get what they paid for. Meaning the specs weren’t what he claimed or way or to lunch. With a regrind 272 you will lose some low end power but gain a decent amount around 4K up to about 6500-7000 since regrinds aren’t specific to the car. I just purchased a 272 from delta I can probably give you a review on it in a couple months, but it will be on a boosted setup not n/a.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I have delta 272 cams in my 04 sunfire. After a tune it really woke up the motor after about 3.5k, hasn't messed with my mileage either. I know it is a different motor but still the same company. Also it is a really lumpy idle but I like the way people look at the car like it is running like shit.

Comment

Look at jdmacorn's build thread, he has a cam with a specific model number listed in there, IIRC its from Web, grind 148e+3. He did lots of testing, and had some of the best results IMO for torque production and the car made great peak power as well.

Not 100% certain on that number, and you'll have to CALL Web to order the specific camshaft.

Here's some posts with the specs:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...postcount=1388

I HIGHLY recommend you look through the thread. It's long, but well worth it. Most of the pictures are dead now, but the information is REALLY important.
        Last edited by Chrisnick; 02-06-2018, 06:55 PM.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Working...
        X