Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB7 rear suspension hitting wheel well after lowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen Idk why you all got ur panties in a bunch. I asked a simple question a simple question and a simple answer would have sufficed. My car is no where near a death trap. And for the record assholes im pretty sure my car runs better than most of yours. Just because i have a budget doesn't mean i don't have the knowledge to take car of my car. I've never worked on suspension and just wanted to know what might could fix it. So how bout y'all quit tryin to flame the "ricer"( lol I've never even seen a slammed ricer) and just answer the question and Thats it. P.S. FUCK you guys.

Comment

You get upset way too easily. Along with displaying how we felt about the way you'd chosen to modify your car there was a lot of helpful information given. However, because you felt that you didn't have the money to be bothered by those suggestions you assumed you had no choice but to be offended. In the meantime, while you advance yourself in life and try to become stable financially, rise up above troglodytic levels of communication you use with others. You sound like an angry five-year-old since you've resorted to cussing to get your emotion across. Unless you truly aren't smarter than that, then act like you're supposed to and behave like an adult.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by greatwhitecb7 View Post
        I've never worked on suspension
        Enjoy the imminent ban! You realize you are calling the administrator and moderator of the forum assholes. So... not really the smartest individual here, which backs up the fact that if you're not sure what you're doing with a car, it's probably a deathtrap. I think I'll work on my ABS and Airbags tonight because I have no idea how to work on the ABS or Airbags.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          You get upset way too easily. Along with displaying how we felt about the way you'd chosen to modify your car there was a lot of helpful information given. However, because you felt that you didn't have the money to be bothered by those suggestions you assumed you had no choice but to be offended. In the meantime, while you advance yourself in life and try to become stable financially, rise up above troglodytic levels of communication you use with others. You sound like an angry five-year-old since you've resorted to cussing to get your emotion across. Unless you truly aren't smarter than that, then act like you're supposed to and behave like an adult.
          So on a scale of 1-10 how hard are you trying to troll? Because it really seems like you are putting forth the effort in trying to insult me. And yeah i am a pissed off 5 year old because all i get on this thread is childish answers and comebacks. Im done with you fuckers. Its not worth my time to try and
          deal with all the trolling. If you were so.mature as you say you are you wouldn't have even responded to my "childish response" quit acting all big and bad and just stop. Go troll someone else.

Comment

My only question is if that is the problem. i dont want to spend 600+ on struts that wont fix the problem.
            That is probably the problem. Like already said, if your shocks are blown they are not absorbing like they should and they are like mush.

Check to see if your shocks are even blown. If you don't want to take them off the car, then push down on the corner (wherever you suspect a blown shock is) up and down up and down. It should be somewhat stiff (not completely all the way stiff but stiff to some degree, just use best judgement). If its bouncing up and down like a Cadillac then most likely its blown because its boucing completely on the spring with the shock not helping absorbing.

I know you would rather not replace shocks if it isn't going to fix the problem... But if they are blown you need to replace them regardless if it fixes that particular problem you have with the arm hitting the wheel well. But I am betting that the problem lies there, blown shocks.

Furthermore, I do not suggest just getting replacement stock shocks for your blown stock shocks. That would be stupid, your shit would just blow in some days again and you would be in the same boat minus the bread you shelled out for the shocks. I know it sound appealling because they are cheaper than aftermarket but it'll be a temporary fix. VERY temporary.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
              That is probably the problem. Like already said, if your shocks are blown they are not absorbing like they should and they are like mush.

Check to see if your shocks are even blown. If you don't want to take them off the car, then push down on the corner (wherever you suspect a blown shock is) up and down up and down. It should be somewhat stiff (not completely all the way stiff but stiff to some degree, just use best judgement). If its bouncing up and down like a Cadillac then most likely its blown because its boucing completely on the spring with the shock not helping absorbing.

I know you would rather not replace shocks if it isn't going to fix the problem... But if they are blown you need to replace them regardless if it fixes that particular problem you have with the arm hitting the wheel well. But I am betting that the problem lies there, blown shocks.

Furthermore, I do not suggest just getting replacement stock shocks for your blown stock shocks. That would be stupid, your shit would just blow in some days again and you would be in the same boat minus the bread you shelled out for the shocks. I know it sound appealling because they are cheaper than aftermarket but it'll be a temporary fix. VERY temporary.
              I know i figured it out. But hank you very much for the kind informative response rather than these other assholes. But yeah. Im working out the whole shock thing. I have realizes im going to have to call koni and get some yellows re valved. But thanks again.

Comment

Lol, I didn't bother reading through this entire thread before posting that comment...

Damn, this shit went downhill.

I have realizes im going to have to call koni and get some yellows re valved. But thanks again.
                Thats your best bet, and the best choice of shocks for sure. Good luck to you.

Comment

Working...
                X