No.5 (constant) on foot panel fuse box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No.5 (constant) on foot panel fuse box

I have my power to my seats plugged into my no.5 (constant) port on the fuse panel. My heated seat power is plugged into my no.2 ignition port. Now I need to use both of those ports 5 and 2 to hook up my fog light harness. Can I build a splitter plug off of these to run more power wires to these ports? Maybe put an inline fuse like the fog harness has? I need input ASAP. Thanks guys.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
    I have my power to my seats plugged into my no.5 (constant) port on the fuse panel. My heated seat power is plugged into my no.2 ignition port. Now I need to use both of those ports 5 and 2 to hook up my fog light harness. Can I build a splitter plug off of these to run more power wires to these ports? Maybe put an inline fuse like the fog harness has? I need input ASAP. Thanks guys.
    Yes but s long as it's fused. You can splice off one of the wires, I'd recommend the power seat one. BUT only if fused. You also have to determine if the combination of the two devices are more than the fuse/amps can handle. And you cannot use a larger fuse as the fuse is based on the wire size/length not the device(s) connected. And down the road if the fuse blows it makes it harder to troubleshoot as you have multiple devices connected to one fuse.

Comment

Right on thanks Raf99. So what fuse is sapposed to be in my fog harness anyways? I have a 15 in there but I’m thinking it should be 30 kinda like the realays? It never had one before I put it in. The power wire for the fog harness is large and white like the size of the ignition wires. But my power seat power wire is like 18g. Definitely smaller and only traveling like 2ft to the seat.

~Mark~

Comment

I need both of these to got to the constant port also. My power seat when the side latch is pulled it leans and powers all the way forward on its own. Then back to the driver set position when leaned back. I like that I can do this without the car running.

~Mark~

Comment

Ya, so you need to have a dedicated power for the fogs or at least another source. If the wire size is larger too then you'll have to find somewhere. Have you used all of your spare slots by the drivers foot well? Isn't that where the fogs connect to ?

Comment

Yeah the fogs main power is supposed to go to no5 the constant. It has another smaller wire that goes to no3. But I’m putting it to no2 so I can turn the fogs on anytime the car is running not just when the lights are on. This 4 ports is weak. I need 10!

5-constant
            3-parking lights
            2-ignition
            1-accessory

I’m going to experiment with the ports for now. No splitting yet.
            Shit what about my eventual rear fog light, or intersection lights? Half antenna?

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
              Yeah the fogs main power is supposed to go to no5 the constant. It has another smaller wire that goes to no3. But I’m putting it to no2 so I can turn the fogs on anytime the car is running not just when the lights are on. This 4 ports is weak. I need 10!

5-constant
              3-parking lights
              2-ignition
              1-accessory

I’m going to experiment with the ports for now. No splitting yet.
              Shit what about my eventual rear fog light, or intersection lights? Half antenna?
              Yep, so you run into the issue of deciding where to splice into for power. Personally I like the cigarette lighter and the light ring around it or the small light for the ashtray. (god, could you imagine filling that ashtray with ashes, gross). But both are 12V, one is constant and the other is ignition on. It helps to run like wires, ie - if you have 18AWG wires that need 12V ign. run them to the same power source, and don't overload the fuse.

If I were you I'd remove #4 (or one of those under there) and clamp in the two wires to the electrical connector, solder and shrink wrap it. The wire sizes are different but if done correct and you are not overloading the circuit then you will be ok. And it's easier than trying to splice into another power source which is harder to get to.

Comment

You could also use an "Add-a-Fuse" to an always on 12V port in the fuse box. It is not ideal, but would be pretty simple.
                http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

I think I will run my power seat wire to the cigarette lighter wire with an in-line fuse. All it needs is constant power it’s a small short wire. I don’t even have it fused right now. That’ll free up one spot. Right now all 4 of my ports are taken. I put some cheap eBay DC2 integra fog lights I had laying around in my bumper for now to mess with the plugs. There’s a diy on this site for making them come on whenever the fog button is pushed. I need to mod the harness for it. Here are the fogs on. I need to adjust em also.

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                  X