Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

returning back to Honda ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

returning back to Honda ownership

Hello again I was a proud owner of a nice 2 owner 1992 Accord LX 5 speed original engine and transmisson until December last year. My lovely CB7 was parked off the road and behind a tree but yet a high school kid in a 2006 Honda Civic was still able too hit it on front drives side. Impact was hard enough too make the axle come out of place and also moveed the car which was in first gear and had parking brake on back a foot or so from where it was. Insurance company he had payed off the car at 1475 bucks and I was just OK with that as the car was not a show car and I had only done minor work too it. So fast forward too yesterday when I went too test drive a private sellers 1996 Accord LX 5 speed. Car has 152000 miles on it and has a few issues like it was a quart of oil low and passanger side bumper and turn signal cover are both loose and out of alignment. Also looks like it has a oil leak in driver side because there was oil on top of the cv boot and also headlights are hazy and paint has no clearcoat hardly at all. I also noticed clutch pedal release was higher then my old cb7 but clutch still pulled car strong so maybe there's wear in the hydralic system? Sorry to ramble on so long just wanted too jump back into CB7tuner.com full force and get too talking about the best brand of cars I have ever owned. I forgot too mention car was listed for 2300 I got it for 1800 seems KBB was right around that for what this car has option wise and for its condition which I would call fair
    " Insert funny quote here "

Nice & Welcome back. Any pics?

Comment

Not yet I actually have too purchase car today yesterday was only a gentlemans handshake deal I was competing against a younger guy who said he would only spend 1700 cash on car I had more money but not in hand so I asked seller if he would wait a day and take 1800. If car is in my possession today I will post pics here it needs detailed soooooooo bad though lol

Comment

I wanted to get back into the cb game but couldn't find the right ones and most of them were too far long gone.

Comment

Yeah I saw like 5 cb7's on craiglists around here cheap but most were poorly modded and rusty or just rusty lol living in PA sucks for cars as most are rusty or just abused by morons my new cd5 is more a case of the latter. Car was purchased yesterday for 1700 not 1800 as I talked him down and car has a few minor issues and needs a timing belt asap. I took a bunch of pictures though so please do come back I just need to create a photobucket and also do more cleaning so it looks ok in pics. Very happy with car so far it is a lot like my cb7 but if I can say this here I feel like it is even better in most ways if not all I still do like the look of a clean stock cb7 sedan more then a clean stock 96 -97 sedan though

Comment

more pics too come as I do more work on car it has had some cleaning on inside not done yet though and I also removed a old sticker from the back window as well need to more though.

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/...317_153640.jpg

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/...317_153655.jpg

Comment

add [img] to the front and [/img] to rear of your pics
              Last edited by tommi; 03-19-2014, 10:54 AM.
              <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

That looks good for $1800 man. I couldn't find any 94-97 Accords around here that were five speed, but I ended up with a 92.

Comment

Actually got it for $1700 but yeah needs hood latch which is on the way from Ebay and newtiming belt and few other things but so far so good I am very happy

Comment

why do i need to add img and /img to my pics?

Comment

That makes your pics show up in the post instead of links

Comment

I like my pics to link instead it lets the page load up faster i cannot stand when it takes 30 seconds to load a page because of a few pics

Comment

get with the times and get cable internet. instead of 56k
                          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by spiderpig View Post
                            I like my pics to link instead it lets the page load up faster i cannot stand when it takes 30 seconds to load a page because of a few pics
                            I could see if you were loading huge, hi res pictures, but youre not. Do you have dial up? lol Its hella irritating and time consuming to open a new tab every single time rather than just scrolling like a normal person.
                            Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
                            The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Working...
                            X