Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: Making your own Corner lights! (Clear, Amber, & Black) PIX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nas92 View Post
    i will haha.

dats if i do it
    okay man =]

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I blackhoused one of my Ebay Amber Corners today. I'll get some pictures later for reference. They aren't as sexy as smoked amber so I think when my new set gets here we're gonna smoke the inside of the lens rather than blackhouse them.

Comment

Originally posted by RacH22 View Post
        I blackhoused one of my Ebay Amber Corners today. I'll get some pictures later for reference. They aren't as sexy as smoked amber so I think when my new set gets here we're gonna smoke the inside of the lens rather than blackhouse them.
        sweet.
        ~CB7 Phoenix~

(picture missing help me get a new one )

The California White Tux
        *and its alive!! hahaha*
        *under construction*M.R.T: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1689652 *changes soon to take over*

Comment

Originally posted by RacH22 View Post
          pics or ban!

Comment

Originally posted by cvc7chris View Post
            pics or ban!
            We really didn't spend too much time on them, broke the other side figuring out how NOT to take them apart. Which is really what the whole point of tearing into these was.

I really want to tint the amber on the new set but the problem with that rather than the blackhousing is keeping it even, everytime I see some that are nice and even they are almost so dark you cant see in them. Atleast on tail and headlights, never seen many tear into corners/bumpers.

These came on the car, so you can blame the previous owner for having 90-91 corners on a 92-93 model.

Comment

i think it looks nice!

Comment

i think it looks nice!
                It definately gives it a darker look. As cheap as they are, I may do a set both ways and then see which looks best in contrast to the other.

I think tinting the backside of the lens is the only way I'm gonna get close to these:

I still want the JDM 1-piece but they are too damn expensive while I'm in school. Smoked everything woudl be a pimpin alternative until then. I'm ordering the smoked sidemarkers soon.

Comment

^ that's nice man!

those smoked ambers weren't on ebay when i bought mine if not i would of bought
                  me a set

Comment

^ that's nice man!

those smoked ambers weren't on ebay when i bought mine if not i would of bought
                    me a set
                    Yea, as far as I know they are only available for the "FnF" model imports. Nissan's 240sx(bumpers) and Honda's EG Civics.

Comment

cool man =]

Comment

anyones ever done this?
                        ive played around with this before and from what i can remember 9091 corners amber reflector is also part of the exterior surface... sooo you cant technically take it out or off. but i did black house a pair of these just for fun with the amber. i didnt like them very much soooo i put my 9293 black houses back on even thought i have the 9091 headlight and grill conversion. i was actually going to do a write up and DIY on this myself but looks like someone beat me to it.
                        this is very easy to do and yes you can break stuff if you arent patient.
                        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
                          ive played around with this before and from what i can remember 9091 corners amber reflector is also part of the exterior surface... sooo you cant technically take it out or off. but i did black house a pair of these just for fun with the amber. i didnt like them very much soooo i put my 9293 black houses back on even thought i have the 9091 headlight and grill conversion. i was actually going to do a write up and DIY on this myself but looks like someone beat me to it.
                          this is very easy to do and yes you can break stuff if you arent patient.

Thanks bro

Comment

good write up i did mine in flat black and they turned out great
                            to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
                            Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

Comment

np man

im glad it helped

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post
                                I use to charge people $40 back in the day to clear their corners and $100 to make a pair of clear bottom bumper lights with core swap.
                                You can clear the bumper lights, DIY style?

Comment

Working...
                                X