CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.63 average. Display Modes
Old 08-05-2019, 12:53 AM   #161
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenRoc View Post
Man I love your attention to detail Jarrett. And any pictures of your trip to Japan and China??

I'm currently hoarding a set of TL-S calipers but I never grabbed the spindles from the same car. I should update my MR thread at some point.
Thanks a lot!

Pictures of Japan and China are in the works. I can say that in good faith because your mentioning them motiovated me to go download them from my wife's Google Drive link. 3 months back and that's the progress I've made. There's just SOO many, and I insist on captioning things. This weekend was productive, and next weekend will be full of family stuff. So, patience is mandatory here.

Here's a couple in advance:

The absolute highlight of the trip was driving the snot out of this.

This is the Zhengyang Gate. We had just arrived in the country and the bus from the airport dropped us off in the wrong spot. We were actually told to get off the bus, so we didn't argue and tried to make light of it. Two miles of walking to the hotel with me dragging both of our luggage cases (brought them for Japan souvenirs, not because I need tons of outfits) and we thought this was a cool place to take a picture along the way. Turns out that this gate has tons of historical significance! My picture sucks, but there are some really cool ones out there.

In regard to the calipers; I'd just say to use them anyway. There's some modification needed, but that's fine. My method allows you to use the 12.2" rotor with the correct pad positioning, but at a much greater expense and effort. I'd still do it the same way again, but I can understand why it doesn't make sense for everyone.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:49 PM   #162
HenRoc
Black Thunder

HenRoc seems to have made some friends! HenRoc seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to HenRoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
Thanks a lot!

Pictures of Japan and China are in the works. I can say that in good faith because your mentioning them motivated me to go download them from my wife's Google Drive link. 3 months back and that's the progress I've made. There's just SOO many, and I insist on captioning things. This weekend was productive, and next weekend will be full of family stuff. So, patience is mandatory here.

Here's a couple in advance:

The absolute highlight of the trip was driving the snot out of this.

This is the Zhengyang Gate. We had just arrived in the country and the bus from the airport dropped us off in the wrong spot. We were actually told to get off the bus, so we didn't argue and tried to make light of it. Two miles of walking to the hotel with me dragging both of our luggage cases (brought them for Japan souvenirs, not because I need tons of outfits) and we thought this was a cool place to take a picture along the way. Turns out that this gate has tons of historical significance! My picture sucks, but there are some really cool ones out there.

In regard to the calipers; I'd just say to use them anyway. There's some modification needed, but that's fine. My method allows you to use the 12.2" rotor with the correct pad positioning, but at a much greater expense and effort. I'd still do it the same way again, but I can understand why it doesn't make sense for everyone.
It's all good man. I like to read about other peoples adventures other than cars

Caption away man.

I might just hold on to the calipers. I have my NSXs already mounted.
1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video
HenRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:51 PM   #163
Mike1357
CB7tuner Member

Mike1357 is cool... so far.
I love the work you're doing with the custom cluster!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: