CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Site Features > Members' Rides

Old 07-20-2019, 03:38 PM   #81
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

wtfisafleek is cool... so far.
Just wanted to let you guys know I'll be finishing school in the next couple of months, after that I'm planning on having a bit of extra time to work on the old girl.

I was thinking about documenting some of my upcoming tasks, like the rear suspension rebuild, bodywork, upholstering the doorpanels, etc.

I'm new to video so bear with me, they're probably not going to look professionally edited but you have to start somewhere.

If you guys have any good rec's for air compressors big enough to paint and do bodywork with, I'm all ears.
wtfisafleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:07 PM   #82
wtfisafleek
CB7tuner Member

wtfisafleek is cool... so far.
A little update: mileage is at 393450. I got rid of my other car and I'm just driving this car exclusively, believe it or not. This sucker is cheap to run baby!

I'd been experiencing quite a few niggling little issues that were worrying me for a bit, including subpar gas mileage (24-25 mpg) and my tach has been fluttering. The flutter started last year, but only at high revs.

Recently it's been bouncing up and down lower in the range, and I can actually feel the motor cutting out somewhat. It even died on me a couple times in traffic.

So I started reading again, and I read everything from a bad igniter (replaced early this year) to just a "bad" distributor. So I said eff it, I ordered a new distributor off of Amazon, despite others recommending getting a dizzy from the junkyard.

I should've listened, because I got the new distributor installed, and it had no tach signal whatsoever lol. That got me thinking...could it be just the distributor cap? I peered underneath my original's cap and sure enough, the center and outside pins looked very worn and oxidized. I reinstalled my old dizzy with the new cap and boom, the tach is happy up and down the range.

I double checked my ignition timing, adjusted it a tad, and got it right in spec at 15 degrees.

I replaced the FITV with a new Honda one as well.

Next up is the rear suspension. I just graduated a couple days ago, so lots more time to spend on the old girl.
wtfisafleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:20 PM   #83
fleetw00d
Contributing Member

fleetw00d is very helpful fleetw00d is very helpful
I'm still about 12,000 miles behind. For future reference, the FITV can usually be fixed just by replacing the o-ring on the internal piston.

What are planning to do in the rear?
fleetw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:53 PM   #84
dreamability
CB7tuner Member

dreamability is cool... so far.
Definitely looking forward to seeing some video content on the car.

You wouldn't be the first to just skip over the cap and move on to replacing bigger things.
Actually on my 90 when my coil went bad I put in an Accel coil and noticed the car ran dramatically stronger.
Really was unexpected to have it be a noticeable difference
Its still sitting out front with a broken crank bolt, lol.
Sound like you got it all good now.
Wish I could set my timing but i didn't think about it till the tranny and engine were back in the car.
My lightweight flywheel had no markings!
I would have transferred them to it if I'd noticed. Pretty much just set it by ear, lol
I'll be keeping an eye out for updates.
Hope to see you at the meet on the 20th.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: