Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Boxes - disable the BRAKE lamp failure indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good info cp[mike], I've got a set of black altezza tailights off ebay and as soon as I hooked them up I've had that dash light on ever since, I think I'll try this today and see how it works for me too.

Check out my paintjobs at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3134126

Comment

can someone take a pic of that wire? i took a quick look and it looks like there are more than one wire that has those colors

WAIT.. can i use this method also? i dont have LED bulbs, its just stock ones and the brake lamp indicator light comes on.. but all lights work.. parking lights work front and rear, and when i press the brake.. all work including the 3rd brake light

thanks guys
      MY FOR SALE THREAD

My Recent CB

My Old CBs

1991 Honda Accord EX - MY NEW ONE
      1991 Honda Accord LX - Impounded and GONE
      1993 Honda Accord EX H22 - SOLD

BTW IM NOT TURBO.. I WAS GOING TO GO TURBO WITH MY FIRST CB.. BUT IT GOT IMPOUNDED

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
        permanently bypass the BRAKE failure indicator?

veddy simple eh.

it all starts at the brown box in the driver side outer tail light..

cut the white/green wire (or just remove the pin) that went to the brown box, and connect it to Ground(-). you can tap into the other solid black wires that go along with the tail light wiring on that side.

voila!
        does this work as a bypass for the high-mount as well? My spoiler lights up but the interior high mount doesn't even after i replaced the bulb

Comment

Since there is a discussion on dash lights on- I need to find out why the mini car on dash fully lit (meaning it shows all doors open, trunk open, brake lamp) and never goes off. I do have one dash bulb for the Rpm and speed needles out, could that be it's reason?

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
          New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
          My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by yofmatt View Post
            does this work as a bypass for the high-mount as well? My spoiler lights up but the interior high mount doesn't even after i replaced the bulb
            You have a bypass of the interior light. it uses the wiring for that to light the spoiler.
            COUPE K24

Comment

Is there any reason my brake lamp light isnt on but my 3rd brake light is out? Is this because of the spoiler? On my brothers coupe it still works although he has a spoiler, my car dosent work and the bulb isnt blown out. Spoiler light works fine though.

Comment

i did this and popped a fuse replaced the fuse and popped it again... any insight?

Comment

Originally posted by jdmwannabee View Post
                  i did this and popped a fuse replaced the fuse and popped it again... any insight?
                  Probably crossed the wrong wires

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                  Is there any reason my brake lamp light isnt on but my 3rd brake light is out? Is this because of the spoiler? On my brothers coupe it still works although he has a spoiler, my car dosent work and the bulb isnt blown out. Spoiler light works fine though.
                  Some that came from the factory with the spoiler had a sub harness that disabled the 3rd brake light.
                  wat?

Comment

Indeed. That's a good indicator of whether or not a spoiler was dealer installed. Also sign of a good mechanic or not. If I installed a spoiler with a light, Id unplug/re-wire that shit.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                    Originally posted by Jarrett
                    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

good shit, i just put electrical tape over mine lmao
                      Originally posted by scudweiser
                      it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Over......the indicator on the cluster?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeW View Post
                          Over......the indicator on the cluster?
                          yea i took my cluster out to install my viper and decided to cover it up while i was there, now i just have to figure out why the hell does my city lights and dash come on when i press the brakes lol
                          Originally posted by scudweiser
                          it will go vrooooooom bauggggghhhh mmmmmmaauuugggg. Still no mmmmmbAAAAAAAUUUHHHHHHH though.
                          Originally posted by deevergote
                          Do you have anything intelligent to offer, or are you just trying to whore up your post count?

Comment

Oh lord...

Comment

Awesome.
                              wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                                Probably crossed the wrong wires
                                there's only one white wire with a green stripe

Comment

Working...
                                X