X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LadyG takes a road trip

Hey guys!
    Good morning from beautiful San Diego!
    The car is awesome. All fluids changed, got a fresh battery, and she started right up.
    Goes like a bat outta hell!
    I am having a temp issue, but a relay or a jumper wire are easy fixes, and I'll have it resolved before I hit the road.

Today I take the first leg of my trip, from here to Flagstaff.

I will update the thread as I go! If you are my fb friend, you'll see pics as I go, but those of you who are only in forum land will have to wait till I have time to upload to PB.

Yeahhhhhh buddy! Road trip time!
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

big congrats on the new purchase, and road trip adventure! looking forward to pics later.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Drive safely!

Comment

My work blocks pics, so I'm assuming there is a pic here? Otherwise I'm not sure what the trip is for

Comment

Raf, LadyG just bought another members wagon. She had to fly across the country to go pick it up. She did a bit of maintenance and is now driving it back home to Florida! Also congrats on the wagon and have a safe trip!
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Yeah, she's buying di2accord's car. There don't seem to be any pictures of it on here anymore (if there ever were... all his pics are gone.)
            Here's a link to the Facebook post about it. I'd post a pic, but they're massive.

Good luck, Monica! Be safe, and enjoy the ride! If you run into any problems, there's always someone here to help out (either with advice, or actual physical help if anyone is nearby!)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
              Raf, LadyG just bought another members wagon. She had to fly across the country to go pick it up. She did a bit of maintenance and is now driving it back home to Florida! Also congrats on the wagon and have a safe trip!
              Oh. Congrats!

Comment

hope car didnt break down
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

I'm home!
                  Let me just start with how aggressive my driving schedule was! I would not do that in 4 days again. I was so tired. My schedule was so agressive that at every airbnb or hostel I stayed at, I immediately showered and went to sleep. I was up at 6am and driving more.
                  I made my scheduled timing though.

The car has a broken wire into the thermostat sensor plug, so I cut the plug off and hard wired the fan switch. I had to take this apart every night, but it wasn't that big a deal. It's already been fixed with a plug off my sedan.

I'm uploading pics to pb as we speak, so my next post will have pics. I wish I had had more time! I received pm's from several of you, whom I would have loved to stop and meet!!!

I really appreciate all the offers of meals, assistance, couches, and its why I love this community so much, and why I went through so much trouble to stay in it.

Comment

Comment

Man that's a nice looking wagon. I can't wait to see what personal touches you add!

I'm glad you made it home safe. That was a quick trip, considering you literally went from sea to shining sea! I was a bit nervous that you'd have car trouble, seeing as it's old, heavily modified, and had been sitting for two years (even the best CB projects might exhibit problems at that point!) You lucked out that you only had one minor issue!

Glad to officially have you back in the family Not that you ever WEREN'T part of the family, but I hope this means we'll be seeing you around more!

Comment

Sweet wagon! That car's got a strong heart.. you put it to the test right off the bat lol.. now you know she's a keeper!! Truthfully, I would've been really nervous doing what you did.. your new car has got your back she like c'mon let's go for a ride lol.. what's going to be the first thing you do to it you think?? Besides tags and all that good stuff..
                        Last edited by LadyG; 04-24-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

I knew she could handle it. Glad to have you home babe.
                          ODBWeldingWerks
                          Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

Monica! Glad to see you made it home. I'm sorry I wasn't able to stop over in Jacksonville on Monday we were trying to make it to Clermont before 10 pm, if I had at least a day extra of travel I would have definitely stopped in that city.

I'm hoping to get to AFM in Dec but we'll see.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

The first thing?
                              Bay stuff.
                              I have all the bolt ons from my F series that transfer, my mishimoto radiator, re-hook up my cruise control (did I forget to mention I did this drive without it? Yeeeeah.) , wire up the fogs, re-wire the headlights with the low beam harness. (I only had high beams! I didn't have any night driving plans, and that was good thing!!)
                              There are a mountain of small things that need doing.

Which, really, means I need to go start my ride thread for this car.

Because I have five lug wheel decisions to make, multiple bumpers planned... oh guys.
                              We are about to have SO much fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X