No spark on cylinders 2-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No spark on cylinders 2-4

Just started working on my 92 LX,bought it not running. Previous owner said it just died one day while his son was driving it. Put a battery in it once i got it inside and took the first plug out and checked spark. Had spark in first cylinder,checked the others and got nothing. What could it be?
    Follow me on IG to see my builds/pics
    dmfb919

Been doing a little research on why I'm not getting spark and just thought about this..when i pulled the dizzy cap,oil came out...after hours of thinking about what could be wrong,i think it's just the dizzy...maybe? Hell i don't know lol
    dmfb919

Comment

Have you checked the cap? If oil is in the cap, that will prevent the rotor from hitting the cap and not allowing you to have spark. Replace the gaskets on the dizzy and give it a good wipe down.
      Last edited by Grumpys93; 12-22-2017, 10:01 AM.
      ~Nick~
      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

The rotor doesn't actually hit the cap; the spark jumps the gap between the rotor and cap electrodes just like in the spark plugs. A lot of oil in the distributor will cause problems though. The internal shaft seal is leaking; there are kits available to replace it. The one time I tried it the wires inside the distributor were all cracked so I would up replacing it anyway. As grumpy said, first thing is to try to clean it.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Im about to head over to the garage and check on it
          dmfb919

Comment

Changed distributor out with the one in my 91,now i have zero spark
            dmfb919

Comment

Are they internal or external coil? Have you changed out the igniters?
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

External,and no i haven't
                dmfb919

Comment

Just to make sure you know why grumpy asked (no offense meant); if your 91 had the stock distributor, it has an internal coil (used 90-91). 92-92 used a separate external coil. If you installed the 91 distributor, but used the 92 distributor cap, I don't think it's going to work. I haven't tried swapping them, but did the electrical connectors match up? When I installed an F22A6 in my 90, I used 90 distributor with my original wiring harness.
                  90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                  08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

All connections were the same..im stumped
                    dmfb919

Comment

Another dumb question - sure your 91 is a 91? I just compared my 90 to my 90; the 90 doesn't have a separate connector for the coil like the 92.

Comment

Thats what the title says lol it might be a 92. I noticed that there was red dust inside the distributor i pulled from the 91(?) i was told if there's red dust inside of it,its garbage. Maybe i should just buy a new distributor and see if that solves it..i wouldn't think its the coil if one of plugs is getting spark
                        dmfb919

Comment

What condition are the contacts in the distributor cap and rotor? If they look corroded, use a small wire brush on a dremel to clean the flat face of the contacts and the wide contact on the rotor.

Comment

They were gross in the original dizzy,cleaned them and still got spark on cylinder 1,cleaned the points on the other dizzy and still zero spark. Just gonna get a new one tomorrow if the parts store is open. Hopefully i can have less than 500 in this car and have it going,its the same one i messaged you about,i made room and picked it up lol I'm a sucker for the opal green
                            dmfb919

Comment

Found out what it was...timing belt was cut in half. Gonna check the valves tomorrow
                              dmfb919

Comment

Working...
                              X