Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB3 on steelies from Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
    Except you already got a black dash, mine came with a gray dash with the gray interior.
    Yup! I believe this is the first black dash I've seen in a CB. This one doesn't have A/C, but there's a button with light where the A/C button usually is. Too bad the cover of the button is missing so I don't know what should happen when I hit it! Any ideas what it might be?

This one's actually way worse than it looks in pictures... Both side mirrors were damaged, passenger front door handle is missing, the rear arches are in bad shape, few dents here and there...

Comment

maybe it's the nitrous arming switch, just kidding, but you should make it one.
      Here in the midwest U.S.A. cars usually come with A/C. It can get below zero fahrenheit and above a hundred.
      Side note that car was built at the same plant as my car here in Ohio.
      CB7TUNER.com
      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Haha, that would be rad! Then I need this:

Now that I'm talking about gearbox, I remember that when I first test drove the car, the gears were bit hard to get in and when on neutral the clutch didn't come all the way up, and the top of the transmission was wet so I think the rubber hose in the clutch line has rotted. Gotta buy some fresh brake fluid and change the hose and put in new fluids, both clutch and brakes.

Comment

Yayy .. welcome to the wagon club ....

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
            Yayy .. welcome to the wagon club ....
            Thank you, sir!

Comment

So I picked up black leather seats from a 95' Accord sedan. I'm going to try and see if they fit in the wagon, and when they don't I'm going to put these in the sedan. Also picked up coilovers for the wagon.

Few weeks back I had two friends of mine kicking my ass and telling me that I have to put some work in the CB3, since it's been sitting untouched due to lack of motivation. I though I had a rod knock, so I went and took off the header and downpipe to get access to remove the oil pan. My friend Antti took a good look at the exhaust port #3 and said "I think I know what your problem is..."

And that's what a valve looks like when it hits a piston somewhere beyond 7krpm. Already bought a new head as a whole, since I got it for 15€ from a running engine. Going to learn some porting with the old head.

Here's the seats:

Stay tuned!

Comment

Wow what a thread. You sir have a lot of dedication. The rust repair was extremely detailed. I learned something new. Did not know about the restrictions. With turbos and such.

Subscribed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                  Wow what a thread. You sir have a lot of dedication. The rust repair was extremely detailed. I learned something new. Did not know about the restrictions. With turbos and such.

Subscribed!!!
                  Thank you! I have absolutely no idea how to weld thin metal like this properly, and my welds sure look like an electric bird shit hit a fan next to my ride. All of the rust repair could've been done 1000 times better, but they're good enough for me

Comment

I just realized that there's no electric height adjustment on the leather seats. Damn it. I need to swap over the rails from the old seats and try to get it look nice. At least they're already heated...

Comment

Last friday I painted the trunk from inside. I also fitted the leather seats (direct bolt on) and took off the old nasty carpet for a good cleaning and dyeing. I also made a panel for extra gauges (oil pressure, water temp, volt and AFR)...

To be continued...

Comment

Last friday we had couple of beers with my brothers and few friends of ours, so it was a good time to take out the block and tranny. It's a lot easier to do the timing when it's out of the bay. Also need to figure out few oil leaks. So, while I was sitting there sipping a nice cold one, I decided to put in some work. I stripped down most of the bay, welded shut some random holes (maybe 40 of them) and so on... Still need to take off some hoses, the master brake cylinder, cluth reservoir and lines and such to get access to the firewall. Wire tuck and shaved bay, here I come!

Some pics:

Comment

looking forward to some over the top work here.
                          CB7TUNER.com
                          Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Engine bay shaving started! First round of filler and bondo on the passenger side done, still need to weld shut a bunch of holes tho. Too bad I'm a lazy motherfucker so I haven't dropped the subframes and suspension off yet.

Let's see where this is going Stay tuned!

Comment

Not a big update but what the heck...

Been working on the passenger side rear wheel arch and the engine bay.
                              Passenger side shock tower is starting to get shape but still need some work. Oh, and all the showing 6mm bolts are going to get these fancy fender washers under them.

To be continued -->

Comment

Good enough for me. Driver's side under construction.

Comment

Working...
                                X