Need help with diagnosing abs system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with diagnosing abs system.

so I jumped in my car one morning to go to work( light came on and turned off like it should) . I stopped to get gas turned car off to pump gas and when I got back in and started up the abs light stayed on for good. Not after I started to move just instantly. Well today I jumped the system to pull codes and the light just stays on no flash not even a flicker. I'm stumped. I did some research on here and google and so far all I could find was people that get codes and ones who abs light come on after they move more than 10mph.

Car is a 92 ex 4dr auto to 5 speed. I did how ever have to replace the 2 rear brake lines when I got the car over 3 months ago oh and the master cyclometer too. All was well after that. Abs light cycled as it should. The light staying on is recent almost a week.

my new turbo build

The light coming on instantly tells me it may be a module problem. I think the ABS runs through its self tests after 10 mph.

You could also check those relays back there. That would cause a solid light too.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

^^^x2 My abs light was on all the time till I changed the relay in the trunk. Worth a try if you snag one from the yard. If you can't find one, PM me.

Comment

Thanks for the help peeps. Really appreciate it. So after the relay was meantioned I ended up checking the abs fuse box and found the big 50 amp abs motor fuse blown. I replaced it turned car on and it stayed on so I proceeded to check the abs motor relay ( also under hood in fuse box) swapped that out with one I had and checked and it worked. But as soon as I went to drive it the big 50 amp fuse blew again. So I'm leaving on the abs motor that's on the front support under the battery. I forgot I had to change that cause I broke the plastic hose piece a while ago during the swap. After I source another motor for dirt cheap or free I'll post results.

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
        X