No announcement yet.

Beer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nugget as in they throw the whole hop bud in? Or am I reading that wrong? Either way that sounds like a good drink!

Comment

If anybody is interested, this is the RJ Rockers Son of a Peach

A spring and summer seasonal created in 2009 and gold medal winner of the Fruit and Vegetable Beer category of the 2009 Los Angeles International Commercial Beer Competition. It is an unfiltered American wheat ale that uses both real South Carolina peaches and a natural peach extract. Its Abv is 5.8%.

I wish they used real peach, but I think that would kill the little head the beer already has due to oils in the fruit.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
        Nugget as in they throw the whole hop bud in? Or am I reading that wrong? Either way that sounds like a good drink!
        It looks like nugget hops, but I did recently find out that weed is the closest relative to hops.

also 45 ibu's? thats like milk's ibus...hahaha

Also had Full sail session cream ale on nitro last night, so dank and easy drinking.
        H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut View Post
          It looks like nugget hops, but I did recently find out that weed is the closest relative to hops.

also 45 ibu's? thats like milk's ibus...hahaha

Also had Full sail session cream ale on nitro last night, so dank and easy drinking.
          Yeah it is, you're gonna make people on here smoke hops and fall asleep!
          Some beers even taste like dank buds. Like Kalik from the Bahamas. It even smells like weed.

Comment

Yeah it is, you're gonna make people on here smoke hops and fall asleep!
            Some beers even taste like dank buds. Like Kalik from the Bahamas. It even smells like weed.
            Yea we have one up here called leafer madness, and headstash. All fresh hopped in september. Freaking best beers ive ever had were all the fresh hopped beers.

Comment

Yea we have one up here called leafer madness, and headstash. All fresh hopped in september. Freaking best beers ive ever had were all the fresh hopped beers.
              I'm thinking about doing this with a porter to see if it complements the dark styles. Only problem is finding un-pelleted/pre cut hops here..

Comment

My friend's dad actually grows his own hops in his back yard. From what I've read, drying the hops to actually be useful can be a bit of a pain, though.

Someday I'd like to grow my own grain and hops, and truly make my own beer! A 15x15 plot of land should be all I'd need to do it. Maybe double that size so I can rotate.

Comment

Its mostly done for aromatics and bittering.

We can get pellets of leafs here when not in season. Nothing compared to fresh but you need ALOT of fresh to make it good.

Comment

Its mostly done for aromatics and bittering.

We can get pellets of leafs here when not in season. Nothing compared to fresh but you need ALOT of fresh to make it good.
                    This is true. You need a SHIT load of fresh hops for the same effect as pellets or pre cut hops. Like, a bag versus a pouch.

I'm making a peanut butter stout at the moment with organic peanut butter. I'm slowly removing the oil from the top. It's been like 2 weeks and still I'm getting oil.

Comment

This is true. You need a SHIT load of fresh hops for the same effect as pellets or pre cut hops. Like, a bag versus a pouch.

I'm making a peanut butter stout at the moment with organic peanut butter. I'm slowly removing the oil from the top. It's been like 2 weeks and still I'm getting oil.

That actually sounds really good. My wife made one with that Mexican abuelita hot chocolate bars. It was bomb.

Comment

That actually sounds really good. My wife made one with that Mexican abuelita hot chocolate bars. It was bomb.
                        My wife loves that stuff but I can't eat/drink it cause cinnamon.

I'm wondering how the head will be though.. I know I can't get 100% of the oil out. I got an extra bag of malt too. Shooting for 46+ around 6% hopefully.

Comment

Freaking love this.

Comment

Another one worth trying if you enjoy stouts.

6.5% too. Not the best stout by far, but worth a taste. Kroger sells them in singles.

The green bottle confused me as its a stout, but it's cool none the less!

Comment

Delicious.

Comment

Bump. I know you guys drink beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X