Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rear strut broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F&F is perhaps one of the better brands of that type. They don't engineer, design, or manufacture anything, but they do seem to have at least SOME degree of quality control, and I've seen some fairly technical info coming from the company. I still wouldn't ever put that crap on my car, but I'd trust them over Raceland, Emusa, etc...

These old cars are projects now. They often need restoration before modification. Because of the cheap cost of entry, many people don't want to put out 3x the cost of the car itself for a basic refresh of vital components, let alone spend that much again on decent quality upgrades afterward! It's nice to see there are still some people that understand the right way

Comment

They are all projects lol, I dont have any illusions about that fact thats for sure. Even my low mileage, fairly straight example feels its age but I love it still. Just lashed the valves yesterday morning in fact. Top end was a bit noisy so I gave it some time and love, it rewarded me with about ten minutes of nice quiet (provided its wearing in again) cruising before it blew a spark plug! Boot kept popping off the second to the left plug, I thought I stripped the threads but turns out the porcelain and threaded steel of the plug were spinning seperately and blowing all kinds of air through. Had to limp it on three cyls 5 miles to a parts store lol

At the same time dont get me wrong Ive modded her a little lmao! Even came across something super special in the junkyard that I got for a steal. Makes me smile everytime I see the car now.

Comment

Lucky. I had that issue before, but it actually WAS due to stripped threads (minor, thankfully... but it required re-tightening of the plug every few weeks to avoid a terrifying knocking sound.)

Comment

Yeah I dodged a bullet there luckily. The way I see it the car decided it needed new plugs to go with that lash job lol, I can dig it. It wants to take full advantage of the tight top end

It would appear that the lash job solved the throttle blip bog I was experiencing. You would tap the gas and it would choke a bit like it had a clogged air filter, but seems better now, I'm happy.

But now were getting off topic lol

Comment

I think it's fun how easy it is to find CB7s, they're cheap, rusted out usually. But I think it's a fun modifying platform to do fun stuff with, reasonably cheap for parts and etc.
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Thats what I love about my SE, it isnt rusted to hell and back and she was cheap, in my area I could have easily flipped the car for 1500 within a week.
              The LX I just got today looks pretty on the outside but under the rear seat is two big rust holes...

Oh well shes just a cadaver to pick apart.

Comment

Working...
              X