No announcement yet.

ENG: Adjusting FIV for erratic idling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, i wanna know also. Mine is jumping up and down, and dimming the headlights. Doesnt do it all the time, just randomly. I might venture to try it tomorrow if I am bored.

Comment

Ok, how about this...sitting at a stoplight I can feel the idle go up and down, but the rpm's doesnt show a difference. Stays at a steady 900-1,000rpm. I have no clue what to do. Any help?

Comment

all u got to do is take that valve appart and clean it.
        are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

my FIV is located on the drivers side, SO what is the purpose of this white ring? is it an adjustment, should it be tightened? cause mine was really loose, please provide input.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

is there any way to get a newer tight white thingy or is there any way to make it tighter..... after about 3-5 days it unscrews again....... -justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
            tranny (no grinds)
            ECU
            DC header w/ heat wrap
            full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
            $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

I have yet to play with mine... work and school keep me busy till it's dark, and I don't have a garage. It seems like the few days I've had off have been rainy and cold... I'll do it eventually!

Comment

Tried mine, but the goddamn screw started to strip

I only got one off, then the 2nd got all funky on me, so I couldn't even swivel it out of th e way.....but I want to sooo baaadd!!!

I hate my idle

Time for a new car!!!

Comment

To clear things up, f22ax motors have it on the intake manifold. and h22/f22b dohc/h23 have them on the bottom of the throttle bodys. i did it to mine along time ago, i think me and the Dr. was talking about it, and it fixed it too.

If it doesnt fix it, it could be the tps or a vac leak.
                  H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

take a paper clip, then make it into this "w" shape. then insert the bottom for the "w" (the two points" ) in where the notches go. screw the plate back on and that should prevent the valve from unscrewing.
                    BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

Well, I did this a few months ago, and not yet has it happened again..no more errotic idling. I took apart the fiiv too, sprayed a buttload of brake cleaner in there, followed by carb and choke cleaner..blew it out, screwed that white thing all the way down, and placed back into my car..at first idle was kinda rough, just because of the carb/choke cleanrer I couldn't get out..but, after that went away..smoooth sailing..fixed the problem. now I dont get strange looks when my car does that at a stoplight..I'll just get strange looks cause they don't know what a bov, vented into teh atmosphere is like..tee hee

-A. Swift
                      CB7 member number 137
                      Black Doubt Crew member #2
                      Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Dr. i borrowed your picstures to help some one out on AD.

Comment

it seems as tho everyone is having this problem suddenly, i fixed mine the other day and didnt even mess with the fast idle valve but im going to today if itz supposed to be screwed all the way down, last time i messed with it it wasn't but for the time being my car doesn't sound like itz on its last leg. i mean damn i only have 80,000 miles on it and itz pulling and elanor on me. geeze.
                          Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                          Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

cookie said to stick a W bent paperclip in there...

Comment

it works

I just wanted to add that I tightened mine yesterday and oh man it makes a world of difference! It's so much smoother now plus I dont get all the "jerkiness" like before.

Comment

The paperclip idea I can see working. However, is this "white thing" that unscrews itself after a while, supposed to be designed to loosen up over time? I mean, why is this part not doing it's job? Usually Honda has good intentions on what they design, so it makes me wonder how they messed up on this?

Can anyone clear up if this was some defect or failure in design, etc? Perhaps these parts go bad over time and since all out cars are like over 10 yrs old, they should be replaced?
                                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                                X