Cb7tuner on Facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb7tuner on Facebook

Is the cb7tuner on Facebook apart if this forum bc I believe the owner of the Facebook said it was... Just curious because the Crap that goes on in there is unreal.
    Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Instagram: IbSprintin

I don't even go on there at all I stay right here with the crew that is awesome sauce
    " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/CB7tuner
      ^This one is official. Started by Wilson (Ikayto) with my permission. Most updates done to it are done by Ikayto or Pandemic.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CB7tuner
      ^This one is not technically official, but it seems unavoidable. This group was made without my permission, and try as I might, I can't seem to separate it from the forum.
      I agree that it's an absolute trainwreck. That Facebook group has quite literally set CB7tuner back by about 7 years. The questions being asked are things that are not just answered on here, but stuck at the top of the appropriate forums! Worse, the answers given to those questions are often absolutely terrible.
      Just the other day, I saw someone telling another member to use Prelude mounts and axles for an H22A swap. I saw someone tell another member that he will need a PT6 ECU for his F22B1 swap. Ignorance when asking a question is fine. Ignorance when answering a question is unacceptable.
      Spoon feeding is expected, and you get insulted if you don't do so. If you're not polite when you're spoon feeding (you know... making airplane and choo-choo sounds) then you also get insulted. If you give terrible, inaccurate information... you are thanked for it. Often, people will ask to be instructed on simple tasks... like a J swap or RHD conversion... fully expecting people on Facebook to be able to give them all the information they need in those little reply boxes.
      If someone asks a question and the accurate information you give isn't the answer they want to hear, you're called a "hater".
      People regularly ask opinions, and then get pissed off when the opinions given aren't all positive. To make it more fun, the picture they're asking opinions on is a partial shot of their car, crooked, in poor lighting, blurry... and the car itself has body parts of multiple colors, clear panel gaps, and dents everywhere.
      Finally, a LOT of the posts on there are almost impossible to understand. When you ask for the person to clarify, they get offended.

So yes... you can clearly see my stance on the Facebook group. Sadly, it's not going away... and I know that if I delete the group, another will just crop up that I will have no control over. I get my share of hate mail, or public posts declaring how much of a tool I am... but I'm now TRYING to redirect that group to be more like the forum. I'm also trying to redirect the people on the group TO the forum more often, as the information they want is readily available here.
      You'll see me there butting heads with people often. It's for a reason, not just because I like being a jerk.
      It's a pain in the ass, but it's a reality that we have to deal with. I have help from a few people I trust, and I'll probably be enlisting more help as things go on.

But yes... this forum is what keeps me going. This community restores my faith in CB7tuners, where the Facebook regularly shatters it.

Comment

The amount of mis informed fools on the unofficial page just...idk anymore.
        Henry R
        Koni/Neuspeed
        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I agree with deev and henroc the amount of lazy tools there is just ridiculous. You can give them the correct and safer way to do something and they still would go with the unsafe way because its easier.

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
          "2SIIC"
          Authentic Jerseys for sale
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

I agree with all you guys!! But it's about to get crazier check this out

I hope I'm not annoying anyone with sharing this information...

Last edited by wildcatloe; 06-15-2014, 06:17 PM.
            Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill

Members ride Thread

Comment

I cannot read the second picture.
              Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                I cannot read the second picture.
                edited

Members ride Thread

Comment

Ya , i left any cb7 FB group long ago. I'm pretty sure anyone serious about their ride knows where to go. Here

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    Ya , i left any cb7 FB group long ago. I'm pretty sure anyone serious about their ride knows where to go. Here
                    lol yea Deev hit it right on the money!! I just hope people actually really take the time to hit the forum instead of the facebook group! I was beyond shocked at the responses and personalities on there

Members ride Thread

Comment

Yea I definitely left those groups long ago because of the garbage that was being posted and the stupid unsafe "help" that was given to people. I won't to back, I would rather stay right here and be on the Official Page rather then any of those groups.
                      1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                      1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                      1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                      1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Activity on the forum has decreased drastically.

Unfortunately, that means the revenue earned from the ads has decreased drastically. That money goes directly toward the cost of hosting this site.

No money for hosting = no hosting. No hosting = no CB7tuner.com.

Facebook is quite literally killing this site.

Comment

I dumped the FB group 8 months ago. Got tired of the dumb crap and stupid questions being posted over and over again. When you get a bunch of monkeys together in a room....they are gonna sling poo at each other.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                            I dumped the FB group 8 months ago. Got tired of the dumb crap and stupid questions being posted over and over again. When you get a bunch of monkeys together in a room....they are gonna sling poo at each other.
                            Indeed.
                            I tried to stay away, but then it occurred to me that the only way to save this forum might be to wrangle control of the Facebook and try to redirect. So far, no good. At the moment, I have some "professional" telling me that his cut springs and stock shocks are safe.

Comment

Since you own this website does that mean that Facebook group is not allowed to exist without your permission? And you can petition Facebook to have it deleted? Then do it. I don't understand the problem. If it's hurting the membership and revenue here do it. How long has it been around?
                              Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                              -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                              MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
                              X