Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice DIY.

Comment

Thanks for all of the posative feedback guys, I pride myself on being original.... As for the 10mm LED question from Alex9857, you could use 10mm LED for the markers, but you would have to re-adjust your spacing....and they would not be as descreet as the 5mm size. Other than that, they'd probably look good to.

The reasoning behind the installation in the molding, was because it is a lot easier to repair than the sheet metal fender. Just pop out the old, and replace with the new to go back to oem.
      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

awesome idea... kinda looks like those bling bling diamonds you stick onto a T-Mobile Sidekick though, when it's not blinking. very original and great DIY though, i might try it

Comment

very original. I like it. I think i'd rathe go with something like a lens recessed into the moulding, but this looks real good too.

and as far as the led's changing light output, wired up in parallel to the blinkers, like i'm certain was done, there will be no change what so ever. Current really doesn't matter untill you start talking about the source, and a battery+alternator can handle the tiny bit of extra current, its voltage that matters. wired in parallel everything will see the exact same voltage.
          --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

What changes the flash frequecy of the blinkers is actually amperage draw. That's why if you removed the stock bulbs, and added these LEDs the stock blinkers would increase in flash-frequency drastically. This is because OEM flasher modules rely on the resistance of standard filament light bulbs for there proper operation. And because the LED's draw so little amperage, there is an un-noticable change in the flash frequency when they are piggybacked into the stock system. To correct the fast flash problem, you would need to place a high current resistor with about 8 ohms of resistance between the + and - leads of the LED flasher. About 10 watts in value or so......
            Last edited by maroonaccord2.2; 01-30-2006, 01:11 PM. Reason: correction
            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

This thread is pointless, I vote for a *LOCK*. Any seconds? I don't care to see pointless crap recirculating in a DIY forum, not when others make an effort to be constructive and are then overshadowed with this crap

Comment

Originally posted by F22-GURU
                This thread is pointless, I vote for a *LOCK*. Any seconds? I don't care to see pointless crap recirculating in a DIY forum, not when others make an effort to be constructive and are then overshadowed with this crap
                i found it pretty interesting, could you not understand it or something?

Comment

That shit is hot! Much Respect for your creativity. what would be Bad as hell is if you could find those Flat-top L.E.Ds and flush mount all the lights with a homemade bracket in the back that way it would not get hit by a car door, seeing as that is exactly where they are placed.

Comment

Hater.

Dr. Jekyll by day Mr. Hyde by night
                    ----
                    02 Pontiac Firebird W68
                    92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT

Comment

Originally posted by Frazzums
                      Hater.
                      LOL LOL (No! i am really laughing) Im just glad someone else said it.

Comment

i vote for a ban on f22-guru.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD. You know you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.

My Member Thread

^ Updated pics 3/3/06

Comment

I beleive there was sarcasm in F22-Guru's post. Considering the DIY's about his leafblower turbo and all... ;-)

^^ Clicky for Members Ride! ^^

Comment

Lol all you who don't know the is what maroon posted in f22's funny leaf blower thread...

Interesting DIY def. different (but then so is the leaf blower idea lol) For myself I just got an M3 style mirror with the led's (lost about 7-10lbs too stock mirrors are like lead!) to each his own. Fender corners still look neater imo.
                            My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Ah, well I didn't mean to stir up such contraversy. (Insert foot into mouth) F22 guru has posted a lot of good info, and helped a lot of others with their problems......don't think that I hadn't noticed that stuff 2 fellas.
                              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
                                What changes the flash frequecy of the blinkers is actually amperage draw. That's why if you removed the stock bulbs, and added these LEDs the stock blinkers would increase in flash-frequency drastically. This is because OEM flasher modules rely on the resistance of standard filament light bulbs for there proper operation. And because the LED's draw so little amperage, there is an un-noticable change in the flash frequency when they are piggybacked into the stock system. To correct the fast flash problem, you would need to place a high current resistor with about 8 ohms of resistance between the + and - leads of the LED flasher. About 10 watts in value or so......

BAD-ASS writeup man..much props..and nice explanation..cept instead of using an 8 ohm resistor..just buy an electronic flasher to solve the led turn signals problems..they plug in the same place ur old flasher comes out of..cept most electronic flashers dont have the distinct clicking noise when ur turn sginals are on cuz they are solid state and dont have the bimetallic strip in them which is what makes the noise in a conventional flasher...

Comment

Working...
                                X