This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM tailight killswitch!! For those with CC Removed

its a pretty simple thing really. For those of you who dont have your cruise control anymore but still have it and have the button sitting thier it can easily be converted to a tailight killswitch where it wont light up your brakes when cruise control is off.

You need a non CC brake switch from any auto parts store should cost anywhere from 13 to 23 dollars.

take out the old brake pedal switch with a 14mm wrench now you need to cut the old wire harness of the wires coming from the car.

thier will be 4 wires coming to that harness. splice the 2 big wires and cut the 2 little wires.

then put to sliding crimps on the ends of the two big wires and slide those crimps onto the new brake pedal switch.

install the switch and wallah when cruise control is off your tailights will not work, its good for getting away from cops when you need to brake but dont want your tailights turning on and its basically oem.

maybe its really stupid but i think its cool and a good use of the switch taht is just sitting thier.
    ]

Useless without pics.
    She's my 1st love!

Originally posted by CustomLowz via greencb7inkc
    Hey, Grandma! You want a lumpkin?
    Oh,here comes one now! What now, BITCH!!!

Comment

i lost my digi the night i totalled my neon... thiers nothing really to take a pic of, but ill take one tomorrow. its for those who r interested in a tailight killswitch, cuz its a pretty good thing when u gotta be sneaky or stay on the dlow
      ]

Comment

Ohhhh!!! This is for some "Escape from Teh Races!!" action!! When you flip your lights of and dont want your brake lights to light up?!!? Gotcha!!
        She's my 1st love!

Comment

yeahh!! its badass though isnt it, because it doesnt clutter your dash up with rice switches just uses the stock one and its a good reliable switch. i think its pretty cool
          ]

Comment

Yea that shit is serious. Ima make one for people wit CC and locate it in that empty spot by the AC
            She's my 1st love!

Comment

haha "Escape from Teh Races!!" i guess it is useful, but i have cc
              My Ride17.34 @ 78mph with 260k on her

Comment

Your post's make me angry. I want pics. I did this on my white sedan. ESP on the hwy

Comment

I've always wanted to do that... I've pissed people off on the highways that have followed me (I'm an asshole when I get angry). I could just dip down my street and into my driveway. No brake lights would be great! I've e-braked in the past.

Comment

well your being creative, but you could do it with a basic spdt relay for 1/5 the price and probably less work and still use the cc button
                    FA1

Comment

yeah, except my brake light switch went, and the CC one was 50 and the other was 13. it just so happened when i wired it, the CC button did that. and since my CC is removed it worked out perfectly. and this is still oem, so in the even that you get in some sort of trouble the police dont find a switch linked to your tails on your dash.
                      ]

Comment

You aint see that video when the CBs outran po-po. They aint gonna catch the H duece duece unless you cant drive!! Your luck, youll flip that shit hittin a corner at 110.
                        She's my 1st love!

Comment

wouldnt it be more effective to turn off the lights for your licence plate?

btw its still a good diy

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                          01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                          93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                          93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

if you want to run from cops and actually get away, Buy a motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf
                              wouldnt it be more effective to turn off the lights for your licence plate?

btw its still a good diy
                              yes yes! im very interested in doing this, but i also want my licence plate lights to get shut off as well, im sure its not that hard to do...

i wanna do this soo bad...i have CC but it dosnt work any more so might as well make good use of the button
                              ..[CB7][STAR]..
                              MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Working...
                              X