Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Another Idle Problem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Idle Problem..

Ok my car idles way too low, the motor shakes because the idle is so low. If I turn the ac on while its idling it barley stays running.

The IACV makes a loud whinning noice that i can here from inside the car. Also when I give it gas the idle drops way low like it was shutting off.

I checked all the vacumes. I cleaned the IACV and it was dirty as hell. What else can I do? but what will it cause to whine like that.

Also sometimes the car just turns off because the idle is so low.

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
    Originally posted by keepinitclean
    I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Have you tried this

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...33&postcount=1

Comment

Im going to try this today thanks!!

Comment

Ok guys I need help. When I come to a stop my car idles up to about 1500 rpm and back to 0 up and down quickly. At first itt would some times idle low and die but it stoped when I put on a short ram. I did base idle cleaned all sensors replaced iacv. I read possibly could be the igniter or could it be a leak it brake booster. All help appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHusk11 View Post
          Im going to try this today thanks!!
          check your fitv
          COUPE K24

Comment

I took the fitv off and took apart and cleaned wasn't that dirty still nothing guys help plz

Comment

Originally posted by cb7runher View Post
              I took the fitv off and took apart and cleaned wasn't that dirty still nothing guys help plz
              Are u sure u took off the fitv or the iacv (people get those confused)? Have u screwed down the white plunger inside the fitv? If u haven't then do that.

Comment

Ya I un screwed took it apart and screwed it back in to where it was and yes I know the differences this has me stomped. And the issue only occurs sometimes when coming to a stop and sometimes I pump the brake it will stop. And sometimes keeps doing it.
                Last edited by cb7runher; 06-02-2011, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Have you looked into just putting some block off plates on everything? Then you could just get rid of all of those valves and everything and be done with it.

Comment

No haven't thought of block off plates. But the problem has got to be something small.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                      Have you looked into just putting some block off plates on everything? Then you could just get rid of all of those valves and everything and be done with it.
                      Never heard or thought of this before. Sounds like a good idea since all these valves are just a pain.

Comment

Freedom Is Not Free
                        U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Freedom Is Not Free
                          U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

ok guys thanks. Youtube for the mutafuking win I tightened down my plunger in my fitv so we will see ill keep you posted but so far so good.

Comment

Srry guys problem still occurs. Could it be a brake booster gasket.

Comment

Working...
                              X