Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

stripped oil drian thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stripped oil drian thread

I have a stripped oil drain thread and all i have right now that is holding it is a universal plug 1/2 that is covering the hole. I was wondering how can i fix this problem and will this drian plug hold?

1. Use a pan saver type plug
    2. Re tap the hole
    3. Replace the pan

Pick one
    MRT
    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
    Originally posted by Tippey764
    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
    Originally posted by deevergote
    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Go to the junk yard an get a good pan

Comment

Best thing to do would be try and get a new drain pan, do the gasket and make sure everything is good in there

Comment

i would go to local auto store and see how much a oem replacement one is i wouldnt mess with one that is stripped if you lost alot of oil at once your screwed

Comment

same thing happened to me. try putting a new, same size bolt but just triple the size, new washers and that should thread in like mine did.

Comment

i found this on youtube hope it helps Billy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaNls0uuOUs
              Destiny Struggles To Reassert The Pattern That Was Meant To Be. Also Some Of These Members Are Wise Guys With There Wise Guy Answers . Also only inexperienced drivers put donuts in front . You can follow me but it's going to hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by pike0825 View Post
                same thing happened to me. try putting a new, same size bolt but just triple the size, new washers and that should thread in like mine did.
                this is what u dont wanna do cuz it may not sit right at all and still leak. Just rethread the hole or get a new pan man
                Click Here To Check Out My Ride
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137030

Comment

Originally posted by phantomcb7 View Post
                  this is what u dont wanna do cuz it may not sit right at all and still leak. Just rethread the hole or get a new pan man
                  well it stoped the leak for me

Comment

I always take mine to a place to have my oil changed for this reason, not saying its your fault, but if a auto place did it to you, they get to replace it. It just happened to me, took it back cause it was leaking. they rushed a new nut, and gave me a new oil change now questions asked. didnt cost me a dime but 40 mins lol

Comment

Originally posted by mattman View Post
                      I always take mine to a place to have my oil changed for this reason, not saying its your fault, but if a auto place did it to you, they get to replace it. It just happened to me, took it back cause it was leaking. they rushed a new nut, and gave me a new oil change now questions asked. didnt cost me a dime but 40 mins lol
                      I never trust those oil change places because they are usually the ones that over tighten the bolt to the point of it damaging the threads or rounding the bolt.

I'm not sure about you guys but the Pick and pull here in Cincy, when a new car comes in, instead of removing the bolt to drain the oil they just punch a hole into it and then plug it with rubber cork. So used oil pans are no good here.

Comment

a mechanic referred me to a piggy back where there is a over sized screw to re thread and another nut one the back of it to drain it out so you dont have to mess with the new thread bolted in. but i drove my car 50 miles today with the universal drain plug and it was straight no leaks no nothing. But i still want to get it fixed.

Comment

dropping your oil pan is a pain in the ass. Just take it to a shop and have them weld a nut on the outside of the drain hole to replace the stripped threads, a regular 12mm internal diameter nut. Then drain and refill the oil.

Then just use a normal 12mm diameter bolt (probably a 15mm wrench size) to plug it, and use a copper washer or fiber washer each time. It will never, ever, strip again.

Even if you pull the pan to have this done, you've saved $100 for the pan (less the welding fee of maybe $30, I'm guessing).
                          Last edited by batever; 06-02-2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASTCB7 View Post
                            a mechanic referred me to a piggy back where there is a over sized screw to re thread and another nut one the back of it to drain it out so you dont have to mess with the new thread bolted in. but i drove my car 50 miles today with the universal drain plug and it was straight no leaks no nothing. But i still want to get it fixed.

that is a good option if you can find one.

Comment

Just go to your local jy and get one or order one off of ebay. You can get apan from a jy and then go get a new gasket and oil for less than $50. Changing a pan isn't bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X