CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 06-01-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
Grescht
CB7tuner Member

Grescht is cool... so far.
A/C electrical question

ok so i got into an accident not to long ago. fixed everything but in the accident my wire to the a/c got broken. so i fixed that up and i probed it with a power probe and the compressor kicked on. I didnt have the juice hooked up so i left it be and cleaned up the wire and figured i'd jump it again from the harness once i hooked up the juice. so i go to jump this thing....... and im guessing i did it in the wrong place. the harness the the a/c clutch wire goes into plugs into the fan plug im guessing and somewhere else. its a 2 prong connector. I jumped one side of it and smoke rolled out. only had it probed for about a second. now my a/c light wont come on and the a/c fan doesn't switch on...... all of the fuses that i can see with my eyeballs in the engine bay and in that area next to your left ankle fuse box are good. tested with a light. even swapped fuses and wiggled stuff. where should I start?
Old 06-01-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
madmattr6
Newcomer

madmattr6 is cool... so far.
Lol jk ...sounds like u fried something...check all the wires to see if any are burnt n replace them..
madmattr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
Grescht
CB7tuner Member

Grescht is cool... so far.
Cool fixed!

Turns out the power probe fed power allll the way back to the a/c switch in the temperature control unit. You could actually see the burnt circuit. Got one out of the junkyard and evacuated and recharged and she's blowin a solid 48*F riding down the road. Sweeet
Old 06-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #4
madmattr6
Newcomer

madmattr6 is cool... so far.
Yea probing wires is a risky deal if u don't have wiring diagrams handy
madmattr6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: