Moving to Denver / Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Denver / Colorado

Hey guys, just wanted to say that I'm moving to Colorado, to the Denver area. It seems to be a good fit for me in terms of environment, atmosphere, employment, and type of people around - the best choice out of all of the cities and areas I have visited in my search. The time has finally come for me to make the move west!

Curious if anybody can point me toward any very short term living options in the area. I could use a place to stay for a couple weeks while I look at apartments. Unfortunately my semi-picky requirements in the properties that I look at limits the frequency of my available options (really want a garage for the CB!). A number of great by-owner options pop up on Craigslist, but it is incredibly difficult to negotiate sight-unseen with private landlords from 1800 miles away, especially against pretty fierce competiton (they all seem to get snatched up QUICK).

I am looking for an option other than an extended stay hotel, perhaps somebody here knows someone with an empty room for rent, for a couple weeks, max a month? Or maybe somebody needs a housesitter? Somewhere that I can crash at night, and go visiting / openhousing during the days. Once I sign for the new place, I'd be out.

Figured I would ask here before diving into the AirBnB world, or signing any 3-month contracts or anything of that nature.

Let me know if you have any leads, of even any other input in general.
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 07-22-2014, 08:03 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Throw an ad up on CL .. see what happens? "looking for short-term rental"

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
      This is a good choice, or what my family has done in the past is find a close by camp ground , it's summer time enjoy the weather and fresh air.
      CB7TUNER.com
      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Welcome to colorado! Glad to have another member! Check out the craigslist adds. Most places (studios, apartments, house) wold like for you to sign some commitment. Craigslists is your best bet for short term stays.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
          This is a good choice, or what my family has done in the past is find a close by camp ground , it's summer time enjoy the weather and fresh air.
          This has been the initial plan - I'm bringing my tent and supplies! It'll be offset by an occasional hotel most likely.

Originally posted by PakaloloHonda View Post
          With as obvious as this suggestion may have seemed, I appreciate it. I had actually only considered CL for actual apartments to live in long term - theres a whole world of short-term rentals on there! Many of them already listing "great for out-of-staters looking to move into the area" in the descriptions. I guess this is a common problem! So I'm going to drive out there, camp for a couple days, until I line up either my permanent lodging, or a cheap 1-month short term rental from Craigslist, whichever comes first.

Originally posted by koslauj View Post
          Welcome to colorado! Glad to have another member! Check out the craigslist adds. Most places (studios, apartments, house) wold like for you to sign some commitment. Craigslists is your best bet for short term stays.
          Thanks! That definitely seems like the best bet. I will be driving out there on July 31st. Hopefully will get to meet new midwest CB7tuner members!

Current cars:

Comment

So Are You Here In The Great State Of Colorado???

Comment

Originally posted by koslauj View Post
              So Are You Here In The Great State Of Colorado???
              indeed i am! actually seen a few nice CBs around already. drove my coupe out here a couple weeks ago. been looking for apartments haha. couple options lined up but its a tough market! especially tough when trying to find somewhere that has space for working on the car

Current cars:

Comment

SOUNDS GOOD! When you're settled down, let's get together! we have some pretty awesome roads to drive around here in the front range.

Comment

WOOHOO!

Signed for a place in Northwest Denver! Pecos St & 70th. Place seems perfect for me and I can't wait to get back to NY so I can pack the rest of my crap up into the CRV and move out here for good.

Current cars:

Comment

Great place! Enjoy living there, but be careful driving in the winter! Those mountains and hills add a whole new dimension to winter!
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

The snow never seems to stick around here, at least; doesn't fall often, and melts pretty quick. The only annoying part is that in the hillier areas and canyons, they lay down sand instead of the usual mag-chloride. Safer, sure, but hard on the paint.

But welcome!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

CONGRATS ON SIGNING THAT LEASE! I DRIVE WESTBOUND US-36 UP INTO ROCKY MOUNTAIN REGIONAL AIRPORT EVERY DAY!!! RECENTLY WENT ON A DRIVE WITH A FELLOW TEXAS FRIEND WHO JUST MOVED HERE YESTERDAY. SHOWING THE GUY AROUND THE FRONT RANGE. NEEDLESS TO SAY, HE WAS PRETTY IMPRESSED, BUT I GUESS WHEN YOU'RE ROLLING IN AN ASTON MARTION V8 VANTAGE AND RIPPING THROUGH THE VALLEYS AND CANYONS, ANYONE CAN BE IMPRESSED!

Last edited by koslauj; 08-25-2014, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Oh muh gawd! Looks like a great drive, and I know those V8Vs sound glorious!

So, Mike, it sounds like this move was for a personal change; just to experience somewhere new?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                            So, Mike, it sounds like this move was for a personal change; just to experience somewhere new?
                            Good question. Been itching to find a new area to experience, one better suited to me and the things I like. Started looking at the area because it seemed to have quite a bit of work opportunities in my field (programming/IT) and after visiting and plotting out all the things I see myself doing in the future I feel Denver/Colorado has been the best match so far. Obviously time will tell, but it seemed worth moving to.

Current cars:

Comment

Welcome to Colorado! If your looking for IT jobs Ralph schomp Honda is looking for people I believe, I work at mile high Honda, just some rumors I heard floating around our service area. Once your settled in let me know! I wouldn't mind ripping around the highways with another cb

Comment

Working...
                              X