Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Been working on the F22A6 and some pics to share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been working on the F22A6 and some pics to share!

Been working on the F22A6 I picked up. Thought I would show off some pics for everyone.

Enjoy!

Nice. more pics please

Comment

Originally posted by cb3frompoland View Post
      Nice. more pics please
      Ask and yee shall receive! haha.

Exhaust side

Comment

What bit did you use to knock those exhaust valve guides down?

Comment

The reshaping was done mostly with Wurth Sanding cone rolls and a mandrel. 60 grit.

These things.

Then I switched over to flapper wheels. 40 grit then 60 grit.

Comment

Hmm, I was figuring a carbide lol But I guess 60 grit will get it done

Comment

Yeah, it takes more time but the end result is better.

You know, thinking back to it, you are right. I went in there first with a carbide and knocked them down most of the way.

Comment

Nice. Makes sense lol Did you open the bowls up any or just "smooth" them out?

I havent got to check out a F head yet, ported a H22 last year that came out real nice. Gonna do another soon. Kinda nice having those big wide ports, easier to move the die grinder around in there.

Comment

Very true about the added space! Hah, I didn't even consider that.

The valve bowls I didnt really make much changes to. I just smoothed the transitions between the seats and bowl, and removed the castings.

The divider on the intake side has been reduced in diameter quite a bit. The roof raised around the valve guide quite a lot as well.

The exhaust side, I opened up the ports quite a bit. We will see if it was a bad idea or not. The exhaust side just seems so small on these heads, but then again Honda knows best and perhaps there was a reason for that. After all, people have made great power on stock F22Ax heads with cams and compression.

Hoping for 200whp and/or an 11.9 ET
                  Last edited by FarmerD; 03-17-2014, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Might as well post this, too.

Direct bolt on. Crazy

Comment

Nice homemade balance shaft delete kit. I payed for the KS tuned kit though cause I could never trust myself enough to think I knew how to make one myself and put it all together. haha.
                      “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
                      ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

Dude the KS kit is a good price for a good kit. If I had just a smidgen more spare money I would have bought it. I even sent them an email to see if they would offer a discount for exposure but I think they know they have the market cornered. hehe.

Comment

I believe the exhaust ports are notoriously small, and require the most work on a F head... I could be wrong tho.

Is that a RBC Or PRC mani? Im not up on the K stuff yet lol Im old school I guess

Comment

Dropped the head off at the machine shop for a clean up, but did a quick mock up first!

Comment

what intake manifold is that?

Comment

Working...
                              X