Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
    Damn thats a low power output for a h22, hope to see boost soon
    I heard it wasnt that bad for the low compression. Some pics from the dyno day event...

Here's the link to the rest of the pics...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...75#post2899975
    Last edited by Raf99; 10-03-2011, 03:28 PM.

Comment

err... missing a page or two but nice to be home.

Comment

lets get this back on track. everyone likes pictures I guess these are pending projects...

--

--

--

--

--
        what I did on new years eve, sand parts *cough, loser

--

I can't remember if it came cracked or if I cracked it by accident. But I was just cleaning it up here. You won't notice it once its in place.

Comment

Thinking out-loud...

I've also been reading a lot and planning the turbo build. As a beginner there are a lot of unknowns which is why I started reading.
          First I started reading into what it takes to mod the ECU. Hondadata 200/300, Crome, FlashPro, Ostrich, etc. What were my options, what was compatible, and so on. I read through a great guide called "Tuning with CROME - The Complete Guide to tuning Honda Vehicles with Cui’s ROM Editor" which can be found here. Interesting stuff in here and apparently I need to order Chrome for my P06 ECU

Second I started looking into the parts I had and the parts I'll need when it comes to the major players in the turbo game. The turbo mount, manifold, wastegate connections, and dump tube. I've come to realize that I will be using my log manifold which places the waste gate on the power steering side which sucks. Oh, and the manifold I have puts the intake/cold air side of the turbo towards the PS pump/alt which also sucks. I'd rather use the vacant space on the left side of the manifold and keep the PS. I'll have to see about moving the wastegate location to the other side. lets find a pic here....

I will need to order oil feed connectors and oil drain feed for the turbo with gaskets and also a wastegate connection/gasket (the piece that goes between the wastegate and the manifold). Then I will also need to order a dump tube and a connector for that and gaskets, clamps, fittings, etc.

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...Category_Code=

What confuses me is that my manifold wastegate hole is 34mm wide. But the wastegate I have is 44mm. I'm not sure about this yet. I thought maybe a bottleneck wouldn't matter since its left over pressure but obviously it does matter because there are different size wastegates. So that is up in the air...

Do I need a T3 weld flange?
          Should I use steel or aluminum flanges?

I also have to look into guages. .5 map sensor A/F guages, turbo pressure, and volts is what I think I'm going with. 42mm and blue lighted is what I think I'll get. A high flow air filter and fittings for the turbo is another question also.

Comment

I started my own business this month This may impact the plans with the car, we'll see.

Comment

Probably nothing happening here for a long time. Funds are limited and the car needs more $$$ than it ever did. Yesterday I went and checked on the car (which was in storage) and took the cover off, cleaned the dust off it.
              It needs a oil change since it was sitting all winter, and some more coolant. After I pick up some Royal Purple and Coolant I may take it for a drive.
              My plan is to make this into a full project car. Which means I want to buy another car first. Then I'll start working on it again. IF I win the lotto tonight well then I'll go full force into it , turbo finish, interior finish, rear disc swap, body work, new rims, fogs, CF hood. Other than that....., sad that I can't keep my dream going.

Cheers

Comment

It will all work out for the best in the long run. We all have some eh times with our cars. You car is very nice.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178069

Comment

^ indeed. I just got over a big "eh" moment with mine lol.

VERY clean ride, friend.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                  Traded with: Cb7xChun
                  Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                  Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                  My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Thanks y'all for the kind comments.

Well for us Canadian's on the east coast, spring is here and warm days are amongst us, which only means one thing. Time to work on the car Today was the first day it hit 15C and I"m glad I got this project done Just need to finish wiring them to the corner lights, which is a easy task.

--

--

I'm still debating on installing CD5 rear side markers which I have. I'm just not sure if I'll like the outcome. I think maybe when I get red/clear tails, I'll tackle that job. For the rest of the nice days this week I'm installing new door hinges, possibly painting side skirts black, and I have to figure out a way to secure the stereo better so it doesn't pop out when tramping on the go pedal. I also have new headlights and corner lights to install as well as HIDs but I may wait on this, really not sure. It needs a camber kit for the front and rear, so I won't drive it much until I get this (and the oil needs changing). I debated using the washer trick for the rear but I don't think I'm going to, I just don't trust it. Hopefully the rest of the week will be as productive as today was.

Cheers.

Comment

Good news = got the car back together and took it for a drive.
                      Bad news = the rear passenger side jack point collapsed in on me when I had the car up. I wish I knew how to weld and do body work because the car could use about $1500 worth

Think tomorrow I'll try the new headlights and the HIDs. I'll take some pics if I do of course.

Comment

did that rail make it out to you
                        NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                        DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                          did that rail make it out to you
                          I picked it up today! Thanks muchly man!

Comment

Today I tackled the new headlights and HID setup. I will admit it took a long time to get these installed and ... almost working.
                            I could not get the HIDs to turn on. I'm not using a power relay as my battery is in the trunk. I first had the wrong connectors hooked up (low><high connectors). So I checked the manual and got things sorted out, but they still will not turn on. High beams work fine, but I wasn't seeing DRLs on either (it was day though).
                            What confuses me is that I think I had them on backwards for the projectors, haha. Either way, I"m off to search the forum.

--

--

I'll see about getting some better pics. Night shots , etc

Comment

Your DRL's (if 1991-1993 high beam style) will not work with HIDs because the halogen low beams run at a reduced output. The HID ballasts require full power to operate. Therefore they will either flicker or not operate at all until full power is applied.

If you have a 1990 like my car, where your DRL's are your entire low beam/corner light/tail lights, you should have no problems.

Car looks absolutely fantastic btw.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                                Your DRL's (if 1991-1993 high beam style) will not work with HIDs because the halogen low beams run at a reduced output. The HID ballasts require full power to operate. Therefore they will either flicker or not operate at all until full power is applied.

If you have a 1990 like my car, where your DRL's are your entire low beam/corner light/tail lights, you should have no problems.

Car looks absolutely fantastic btw.
                                Hey crazeymikey, I'm just using HID for the low beams.

Comment

Working...
                                X