CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Old 12-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
ambientwater
CB7tuner Member

ambientwater is cool... so far.
Third Brake light relocation

So iv'e been thinking about removing my third brake light and putting in an oem spoiler and havig tha as my thrid brake light but now i remembered how much i love the look of the 3rd brake light of the TL like this kinda but without it saying ACURA

anyway is there a way to make his look good and be able to run the wires nice and tucked away i thought it would make it look a bit more modern,
does anyone have this already? if so pics please
ambientwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
ambientwater
CB7tuner Member

ambientwater is cool... so far.
does anyone have any info i am going to try this this summer but if its not possible i'd rather not waste the time
ambientwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
rocketman_471
Contributing Member

rocketman_471 is cool... so far.
Send a message via MSN to rocketman_471 Send a message via Yahoo to rocketman_471
Well, I know that one model of the CB7 doesn't have the third brake light (maybe SE) or the rear deck, so you could swap it over, and you can probably integrate that same light, or one similar, into your headliner with some retrofitting. I think it would be pretty cool to see, IMO.

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder
rocketman_471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:29 PM   #4
wherm
CB7tuner Member

wherm seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to wherm Send a message via Yahoo to wherm
It wouldn't be that hard to make a fiberglass housing for a third brake light up by the headliner. That would be a good way to go. Use some fiberglass mat and resin to make your own. Your rear package tray might look goofy without the brake light housing there, so maybe just leave the empty assembly there. You could just extend the wires and run them up to the headliner behind the c-pillar trim.
wherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #5
DRAGON JOEY
Contributing Member

DRAGON JOEY is cool... so far.
I've done this twice using the third brake light from a 1998 Chevy Astro, now just a clarification these minivans have their third brake light outside on the roof but they can easily be adapted to almost any headliner as long as you have the patience to do it, I unfortunately do not have pictures of my previous cars, one was a Nissan Sentra and the other was a Mazda Protege, but I am planning on doing it with my CB7 if I can get a hold of an Astro third brake lamp before someone gets a picture up then I'll post some pics and even try to do a DIY...good luck...

UPDATE
Oh, I just remembered I did see a universal led third brake light on ebay that might even be easier for you to adapt it to our cars, if I can get the link to it I will post it up...good luck

Last edited by DRAGON JOEY; 12-12-2010 at 05:04 PM.
DRAGON JOEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:14 PM   #6
Tippey764
Silver Member

Tippey764 is very helpful Tippey764 is very helpful Tippey764 is very helpful
Send a message via AIM to Tippey764 Send a message via MSN to Tippey764
the cb9 has a high mount rear brake light
Tippey764 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
acura , brake , lights , retrofit

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: