Transaxle Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transaxle Removal

I'm going to be reusing my tranny from the f22, but I'm not sure how to remove it from the engine block. My chilton manual doesn't show how to either, and I don't have the money for a helms, nor could i find anything online so far. I've already removed the axles and intermediate shaft, and that's about it. where are the other bolts located to take it off? Any pictures to help show where they are would greatly be appreciated!

JDM powered CB7

There is a youtube video by Honda How To that is on a Prelude, the only thing I saw was different was some block to transmission L shaped bracket was on the Prelude and not the Accord.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

this video should help u out alot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv-wb-VltZY

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordkidd View Post
        this video should help u out alot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv-wb-VltZY
        That's it. Remember that is only part 2 of 3, for some reason part one is not in the recommended videos but there is an annotation for part 1 and 3.

Comment

Alright, thanks a lot!

JDM powered CB7

Comment

thats the video but it will be some slight changes the bolt u leave for last is the motor mount bolt and its easier if u drop the front crossmember it will give u some more room

Comment

The motor is already out, I just needed to pull the tranny from the block so i can put it on the other motor.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

theres a little black plate on the bottom thatll hang you up once you get all the long bolts out. takes about 5 mins to d/c a trans if it and engine are out of the car.

Comment

I think that's what's stopping me. and a few bolts I've missed. I'm going at it again today.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

Yes! It was the black plate that covers the flywheel, the starter and that one bolt that was covered in grime, but now we put in a new throw out bearing, lubed everything up that should be, and put it on the new motor! gotta clean it up though haha.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

I'm curious, why did you pull the engine without the transmission the first time.

Comment

I didn't, the transmission was on the engine when I pulled it out. And if you're curious why I did take it out as a whole, it was because I only had under 30 minutes to do anything that day and just went balls to the wall. I had the lever that adjusts the angle of the engine and I pulled it out so the tranny wouldn't hit the mounting bracket.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

Working...
                        X