CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 09-02-2014, 05:25 AM   #1
stoeone
Newcomer

stoeone is cool... so far.
Squeek Noise from Brakes

I changed my brakes 3 days ago i bleed them too. The new brakes make this really loud noise when im pressing on the brake pads, i did forget to add brake fluid after i got done bleeding the brakes, it still had brake fluid it was way above half it just needed a little bit to get full.*I just added some* I just wanna know what is making this noise is it just because my car got new brakes and hes just trying to get used to it, or was it that i forgot to add a little bit of brake fluid. Or if you have a better explination i would like to know.
stoeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:45 AM   #2
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
The fluid level would have no bearing on whether or not your pads are squeaking. Also, when changing pads, there's really no reason to bleed the system. That's really only necessary when you open the system for some reason (replacing a caliper or master cylinder, for example.)

Squeaking pads could be a result of a few things. Did you break them in properly? Did you use anti-squeak shims or paste? Did you resurface your rotors before installing new pads? Did you install the pads correctly? Did you check to make sure the pads weren't defective? (I've seen brand new pads fall apart, leaving the bare metal to scrape against the rotor. Quality pads, too... EBC.) Did you change your rear brakes as well, or only your front brakes? If you didn't change the rear, are you positive the squeaking isn't coming from the rear?

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
Vladi
CB7tuner Member

Vladi is cool... so far.
If you replaced them 3 days ago the pads probably should brake in a little.

If the problem still exists after 3 or 4 long drives it may probably be one of the things mentioned above.
Vladi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleeding , brake , brakes , noise , squeaky

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: