Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Gates Blue Racing timing belt for f22 non vtec? T187R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gates Blue Racing timing belt for f22 non vtec? T187R

i searched and searched for weeks and at last i got a hold of gates themselves. they told me no performance timing belt has ever been made for the f22 non vtec only the crappy Isuzu/Honda f22 engine with Vtec on the intake valves only and inferior flowing head. i just found out today that one actually does exist! Gates PN: "T187R" only catch its in The Australian/New Zealand market. if you go on Gates AU's website youll see it for the f22a Prelude S, CB and CD accord f20 and f22, and even the f22a Odyssey! there aren't many vendors to begin with.

anyone know how to get a hold of one of these belts directly? every website i tried says shipping is unavailable to me (CA,USA). i really want that belt to go on my motor that will see lots of bewst!

Maybe contact an Aussie dealer or member directly and see if you can have it shipped to the states.

Maybe Super Cheap Auto has it?

Comment

The T187R was discontinued a few years back. Anything you find now will have been sitting on a shelf for a few years. Probably not great for a rubber product.

Honestly, if you’re building for boost, then you’re probably not building for high RPM. Any quality belt should do just fine. You only want those fancy “racing” belts if you’re going to be revving significantly higher than stock specifications.

Comment

Well damn! Shows what I know!

Wouldn’t an OEM belt be just as good? I see high quality builds using regular Gates belts all the time too.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The T187R was discontinued a few years back. Anything you find now will have been sitting on a shelf for a few years. Probably not great for a rubber product.

Honestly, if you’re building for boost, then you’re probably not building for high RPM. Any quality belt should do just fine. You only want those fancy “racing” belts if you’re going to be revving significantly higher than stock specifications.
          Gates still has it listed on their Australian website for some reason. I was not aware it's been discontinued for a while. i mean I'm aiming for 450-500whp, and 7000-8000rpms. I currently have a gates oe spec belt. Just wanted something bullet proof so i figured why not. Thanks for the reply though!

Comment

So when I replaced my sisters timing belt on her civic I found that gates makes honda their belts. You shouldn’t have any issue with running a honda belt in your set up.
            ~Nick~
            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Yep. Gates is one of the OEM suppliers for Honda timing belts. They are bulletproof as long as you don't improperly tension it or run high lift cams at high rpm.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I actually contacted some vendors over in Aussie and for sure they are discontinued. Whatever is left in stock will dissapear forever once sold. i got a hold of one for 64 USDshipped to my door! (Cheap!! ) which was 97 AUD. So i did get a hold of a belt and it appears to be in excellent shape. i mean these things are meant to handle extreme temps after all. this will be the only belt I'll ever buy however, since by the time it needs replacing ill be messing with another motor, likely a sleeved and fully built H series.

Comment

What vendor did you go through?
                  Last edited by dreamability; 10-10-2018, 09:56 AM.
                  My YouTube channel
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWG...y6tJ7wJMI4J8vA
                  Instagram
                  https://www.instagram.com/dreamability71/
                  Members Ride.
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210942

Comment

Working...
                  X