Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about the bumper supports? How much do both of them together reduce?

APRT -" No te asustes, menos preocupate, solo cagate!"

94 del Sol S

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
      Hey as for the rubber sound insulating stuff I heard it's about 50lbs ttl.
      I don't think it's that much, if it's what I think you're talking about... The tar stuff under the rug and back seat? And in the trunk? I think that weighs about 10lbs... Not sure though. I need someone to weigh it! I know theone removed his, but I don't know if he weighed it yet.

As for the bumper supports, someone needs to weigh that stuff too! I have no idea what that would weigh.

Comment

Most of you will probably think this is stupid... but did anyone try to cut under the hood reinforcements and just leaving the outside outline of the hood. It would probably flop a lot at high speeds but with some hood pins it should be safe. Same can be done for the trunk perhaps... that could be a level 2 weight reduction. I've already done all the stage 1 stuff... A/C, Cruise, and even ABS units both removed. All useless brackets removed, back seat and belts as well, antenna shaved. And my car still weighs 2900lbs according to the truck scale. I've even started to chop out the sound deadening material under the carpets... Any other ideas? Sometimes i wish my car was an LX so i didn't have those heavy power windows and glass power roof. But then again, I like my stock rear disc brakes and the sunroof.

H22A 5 speed
        4 door
        2900lbs

My CB7 is now ***FOR SALE***

Comment

Actually, kentucky_accord did cut the hood reinforcement. I agree that it probably isn't the safest thing to do, but it would free up some weight!

Comment

I read about this mods done on a 95 civic hatch, they call its a poor mans lightened hood but it works. They say it takes some weight off but it was floppy at high mph, they solved this by using three hood pins instead of two.
            Last edited by RUM_ACCORD_H22; 02-11-2005, 09:16 AM.

APRT -" No te asustes, menos preocupate, solo cagate!"

94 del Sol S

Comment

Originally posted by RUM_ACCORD_H22
              I read about this mods done on a 95 civic hatch, they call its a poor mans lightened hood but it works. They say it takes some weight off but it was floppy at high mph, they solved this by using three hood pins instead of two.

yeah I read about this mod too. Turns out that the hood caved in during a high speed run on the freeway.
              FS: BNIB MFactory FD $650, PM me.

Comment

my 2 door weighs 1850 stock and with a gutted trunk it weighed 1698 you should a get 2 door.
                Last edited by micksf22accord; 02-17-2005, 12:19 AM.

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
                  my 2 door weighs 1850 stock and with a gutted trunk and me in it (I weigh 180) it weighed 1698 you should a get 2 door.
                  No it doesnt.

Comment

What I meant was the car weighs 1698 without me and 1876 with me but stock it weighs 1850.

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                    bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

Where do you guys weigh your car?

Comment

Yo reading owns jo!!!!
                        Soysaucecb7: WHERE TO WEIGH CAR!!
                        Deever: "You CAN weigh your car at truck weigh stations along the highway. They aren't terribly accurate for such low weights (since they usually measure tons) but it'll be close enough. I don't know how cool they'll be with it though... You'd need to ask and find out!"

All this was a couple posts back enjoy cheif slami
                        To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Originally posted by micksf22accord
                          What I meant was the car weighs 1698 without me and 1876 with me but stock it weighs 1850.
                          You're telling me you've removed 1,000 pounds from your car?

Comment

To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

i need to gut my car more haha....ive taken out most of the trunk interior stuff...

spare
                              stock jack
                              floor board
                              and most of the tar back there.

id say all that weights about 40-50lbs?
                              92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

40-50 if you remove a full spare. 30-40 if you have a donut, I would think. The advertised curb weight is with a donut though, I believe.

If you're planning a drag car, make the rear as light as possible! If you want an autox car, make it balanced. I should make a whole different thread for balancing a car I don't think there are enough people on here that know enough to contribute to make it worthwhile... I'm certainly not one of those that know enough!

Comment

Working...
                                X