Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my options of car alarms with keyless entry & trunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my options of car alarms with keyless entry & trunk?

I want to install keyless entry into my 1992 honda accord ex coupe. So i know the best route is just to install an alarm with keyless entry. I don't much care alot about the alarm. The keyless entry and trunk would be nice. Anyone reccomend anything.

There's an OEM alarm/keyless entry system that plugs into the factory wiring with "T" connectors. The brain sits under the driver's seat. The complications with it are that the user needs to have a remote (which is not commonly found in a junkyard car you might get the alarm from) and a matching pair of chips. One for the brain and one for the remote. This allows them to pair up with each other. There was some discussion of there not needing to be two separate chips used and that the end user could get by with only one. I don't know what ultimately came of that discussion. I have a few alarm systems with their wiring harnesses, if you cared to track down a remote.

Also, this will gain you everything you want except for keyless trunk entry.

Lucifer1 made a DIY for the truck latch release, though it would need a mounted switch in order to be used with the OEM alarm. If an aftermarket alarm was used, then you would run power to the actuator from the alarm box.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=164573
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

oem would only be best imo if it makes installation alot easier. I am guessing u mean by T connection that it is almost plug n play. I do see connections under my driver and passengers seat. I thought that was for power seats? I got a quote for a viper basic alarm with keyless entry and trunk pop. 320 bucks. I think i would do it myself for that much considering i am decently profecient at my cars electronics now and 70 dollars gets me the viper 3105 alarm kit.
      Last edited by zedjr10; 03-16-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X