whats the best site for oem honda parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
    That one is a US dealers only website. FFS.... like you guys don't already get enough online and aftermarket parts support.
    Sorry, didn't think about it being US only.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      Sorry, didn't think about it being US only.
      It's all good
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Finding new OEM parts for cars that are about 25 years (give or take) is hard and getting harder.

During my restorations of my 93SE and 00EXV6 you search a lot and more often than not it comes down to timing and luck. I usually start at various dealer websites mostly to find their online site is out of date and obsolete.

If the part shows available for order and you proceed it usually follows with an email reply telling me the part is discontinued because they didn't update their database. After several go rounds with similar dealer sites you soon find out this is more the norm than the exception.

Sometimes dealer and/or individuals will list NOS items on eBay. This too is hit or miss but sometimes can yield some interestingly useful finds. For example there are still a few new OEM exterior mirrors out there.

Eventually I end up at my local dealer whose parts department CSR and I have become well acquainted and have a good rapport. He is good to help out by doing a Honda "Interactive Network" search. This is where he locates parts from various dealers across the country who still may have old stock on hand. There isn't anything in it for him since he gives me the printout with the part numbers, dealer name and phone number. I make the call and negotiate the costs.

A good example of this just occurred today where I was looking for replacement set of 4 wheel opening moldings for both cars. One set for the 00EXV6 was at a dealer in NJ and the other for the 93SE was in Seattle. These 2 dealers had the last set of 4 moldings available in the country for each respective car. So unless someone shows up on eBay with some obscure find of NOS I have the last new items from any dealer. I couldn't have found these without the local dealer's help and definitely not on my own.

Of course the prices were all over the map with the NJ dealer putting the screws to me at first telling me it was $69 for the set of 4 and then offering me a 15% discount after I asked if this was the best he could do. Only to get rolled for a $30 S&H charge! My bill came to $90 but since these were the last what choice did I have?

Eventually it was all good since the Seattle dealer was super nice and told me how "grateful" he was to get these out of his inventory. He sold me a set of 4 for the ridiculously low price of $28.69 including free shipping! This made up for the NJ dealer and so I came away happy.

The point is you never know where you will find these items and when you do you need to decide if the price is worth it or move on. But you really can't overlook the local dealer for help. It all depends on the parts and availability.

BTW, don't overlook VintageParts.com. In my case they only had one molding for the 93SE not a set of 4. But for some parts they may be the only source as was the case for my 93SE alloy wheels.

The NJ was
        Last edited by hiptech; 03-22-2017, 06:14 PM.
        My Collection:
        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Honda dealerships should all have the same prices. i knkw they dont, but thats stupid. they should, atleast be relatively close
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
          X