No announcement yet.

Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would compare it to go karting. They do parade laps before the event starts so you can learn the course. After that it's just finding the limits of what the car can do and trying to go fast. You'll kind of figure out what is fast. They have a timing system out there and they print out the results. I was one tenth of a second slower than a friend from work in his Mazdaspeed 3.

Comment

Fill us in on this new gearbox please and what did you have in there before?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
        I would compare it to go karting. They do parade laps before the event starts so you can learn the course. After that it's just finding the limits of what the car can do and trying to go fast. You'll kind of figure out what is fast. They have a timing system out there and they print out the results. I was one tenth of a second slower than a friend from work in his Mazdaspeed 3.
        It would be interesting to see how your car compares to others. Mazda3, I can see that being even, but i think your car is heavier but has more power.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
          Fill us in on this new gearbox please and what did you have in there before?
          I used to have an M2F4 and now I have a T2W4. Factory limited slip differential and pretty good gear ratios. It comes stock in the Sir-t. 1-3 gear are very close and responsive. You'd never be caught unaware pulling away from a light, it's always ready to go. 4th gear is just long enough to finish out a quarter mile run or highway pull from 1st or second gear. 5th gear is long enough for me to once again cruise at 80mph where as with the old ttans I could only cruise around 75ish and be on the verge of VTEC engaging (4100 rpm). I like it but it is a bit overpriced.
          Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          It would be interesting to see how your car compares to others. Mazda3, I can see that being even, but i think your car is heavier but has more power.
          Mazdaspeed 3 is the turbo version of the mazda 3 hatchback. I beat a few mustangs and one or two corvettes. There was a guy out there in an Integra that had full suspension and race tires that was about a second faster than me. Autocross is truly an equalizer.
          Last edited by Mike1357; 02-05-2017, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
            I used to have an M2F4 and now I have a T2W4. Factory limited slip differential and pretty good gear ratios. It comes stock in the Sir-t. 1-3 gear are very close and responsive. You'd never be caught unaware pulling away from a light, it's always ready to go. 4th gear is just long enough to finish out a quarter mile run or highway pull from 1st or second gear. 5th gear is long enough for me to once again cruise at 80mph where as with the old ttans I could only cruise around 75ish and be on the verge of VTEC engaging (4100 rpm). I like it but it is a bit overpriced.
            Ahh ok thought so, I saw the newly updated orig post that mentioned T2W4, man great choice that is THE tranny to have. Minus the final drive, it's kinda similar to the ITR tranny. Oh man the M2F4 5th is sooo short! Alittle over a year ago I bought Ceelooboob's old T2W4 which came rebuilt + a 4.64 final stuffed into it as well. Enjoy the upgrade though very very nice choice

Comment

Welp, time for an update. Picked up a set of wheels that are bar none my absolute favorite wheels I could ever have on the car. I found a guy in California that was selling them through facebook. Rays Gram Light 57 Pro's. These are probably my forever wheels for this car. I'll probably keep the 18's but my buddy clubs are going up for sale and I'll be selling a few other things at this rate. Now I really really want to get back to my old front end setup. Hopefully I'll come across a seattle silver bumper at the junkyard or something.

Comment

Great choice on the wheels, man!

Comment

Thanks. I'm loving them so far. I need to get some nice summer performance tires for them.

Comment

Dood! It looks like a whole different car! And it looks awesome!

Comment

I know right?! I thought the same thing. Did a bit of searching after seeing another CB on Facebook with flares from the same manufacturer I got mine from and apparently they revised the design a bit so I might pick up another set; I rubbed a hole through both rear ones anyways.

Comment

Love the new wheels dude! Where did you get those sweet fender flares?
                        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I picked them up from seller jdmff on ebay. They revised it a bit and it looks better than what I have. The edges taper away and flow better instead of being rounded like mine.

Comment

Car is looking good man. Definitely like the new wheels, I have wanted a set of those for awhile! Can't wait to see what is next!

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

I was extremely fortunate to come across this set when I did. I want to have some tire stencils made up so I can white letter the tires to being it closer to the look I'm going for. Maybe next weekend?

Comment

The Gram Lights really are a good looking wheel! The fitment is perfect with your flares.

What size are those P1's?
                                1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Working...
                                X