Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
    Even though it really sucks that old Lola was stolen and trashed, I think it's really cool that you have a good opportunity to do all this stuff.
    GTRON, not sure if you've read the 20 something pages before this, but I have done all of this stuff to Lola once. Granted all the pictures are broken, I still need to work on that. At this point I'm just redoing work again. At least it's moving a lot faster this time, as I learned a ton about wire tucking the first time around. This time I have a much better understanding of what I'm doing and what my goals are. This time around things will be done quite a bit cleaner than last time. Eventually you'll have to get a MRT for your ride, so we can see what you've been working on man.
    Last edited by Rilas; 03-27-2017, 12:52 AM.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Alright guys basically I've either been cleaning, or messing around with wires. That has pretty much been my life the last week. I'm tired, so I'm just going to get on with the pictures.

Wire Tuck 1

Wire Tuck 2

Wire Tuck 3

Wire Tuck 4

Wire Tuck 5

Wire Tuck 6

Wire Tuck 7

Wire Tuck 8

Wire Tuck 9

Wire Tuck 10

Wire Tuck 11

Wire Tuck 12

Wire Tuck 13

Wire Tuck 14

Wire Tuck 15

Wire Tuck 16

Wire Tuck 17

Wire Tuck 18

Wire Tuck 19

Wire Tuck 20

Wire Tuck 21

Wire Tuck 22

ABS Brake Wiring 1 (This is what your ABS brake wiring consists of.This is fully deloomed, I only cut in 3 places where Honda spliced power wires together. It's a whole lot more than I thought it was going to be. I'm glad I sucked it up, and removed it all from Lola, it's a decent bit of weight. Everything was unplugged anyway so it's just dead weight. I'll try to get a full weight of the ABS system as well as what each piece weighs.)

ABS Brake Wiring 2 (5 wires left along the firewall, these will be removed.)

ABS Brake Wiring 3 (I'm hoping to remove all of this, but it goes across the middle of the cabin floor. I need to remove both seats and possibly the carpet to pull all of them out of the harness. I will most likely do this but I'm dreading the process.)

Speed Zone Rear Window Visor 1 (Thanks buzz11!)

Speed Zone Rear Window Visor 2

H22AX Valve Cover and Spark Plug Cover (Thanks nightwolf!)

I really had no intentions of pulling the ABS wiring harness out, but I just couldn't let myself leave it while in the middle of this disaster. Plug I would have had to leave so much by the firewall it wouldn't have been funny. Also I chose not to cut it out as I want to be able to use some of it to create new bits of harness for things. Such as VTEC and the knock sensor as well as a few things for the DCC. It will be nice to have a full color matching plug and play system. That I can just plug right into the existing plugs in the engine harness. So I'll wrap up the passenger side tomorrow night. Then it's time to start working on the driver side. Once that is all done it's time to swap in the pieces for the DCC, and rebuild and convert the A/C system to R134a. Then it's time for an engine. I really don't think I'm too far out on this, at least not as bad as I was starting to worry anyway. Not like I don't have a mountain of work in front of me, for some reason though the wiring harness pieces were just stressing me out bad. It's actually going much faster than it did the first time. I guess it's all about practice and learning. More updates to come once I'm not ready to sleep on the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
        GTRON, not sure if you've read the 20 something pages before this, but I have done all of this stuff to Lola once. Granted all the pictures are broken, I still need to work on that. At this point I'm just redoing work again. At least it's moving a lot faster this time, as I learned a ton about wire tucking the first time around. This time I have a much better understanding of what I'm doing and what my goals are. This time around things will be done quite a bit cleaner than last time. Eventually you'll have to get a MRT for your ride, so we can see what you've been working on man.
        Oh wow, well then it still sucks.
        You should be really good at all this when you're done! haha.

I have been thinking about starting my own MRT, I might have to soon.
        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

This week hasn't been as productive as I was hoping for. It's just been so busy for us. I'm taking the GF and little guy down to Salt Lake City today. Then coming right back home tomorrow morning. So I'm going to be a bachelor for the next week and a half till I head back to pick them up.

I have managed to come up with a final plan for the driver side wiring. Now everything is pulled through the firewall. I'm leaving the engine harness plug and the brake fluid level plug in the engine bay on the driver side, that's it for now. Next winter I'm going to work on tucking the engine harness but for the time line I'm on it's just not in the cards right now.

Wire Tuck 1 (The wiper plugs will both be moved into the cabin. I just want to do this after I have all the rest of the wiring finished and out of the door grommet.)

Wire Tuck 2 (Only 2 connections left on the drivers side. The engine harness plug with end up sort of by the proportioning valve connection.)

Wire Tuck 3 (Soon to be tucked.)

Wire Tuck 4

Wire Tuck 5

Resistor Box (This is where this is getting mounted. I'm going to trim off all the excess tabs and such, then just bolt it down here. The plug is on the backside and easily accessible from underneath. It's on another plugs mounting bracket but it works perfectly.)

FFC S2K Clutch Master Cylinder Spacer

BlizzGrille (Thanks deevergote! The grille isn't going on the car yet, I just wanted to see what it actually looks like on the car. Also you can see the results of the passenger side wire tuck hanging there. I need to steal 1 bracket I made off old Lola and this is complete. I'll remake another brake of some sort later, but right now just taking this one is much quicker.)

I think I'm going to stop at one junk yard in Salt Lake City on the way out of town. I still need a 40/40 prop valve. I could take the one off old Lola, but that would make a mess and I would have to rebleed all the brakes. I just don't want to do it. I'd rather just get another one and just put it in as I'm putting all the brake lines together.

On the way back home I'm going to stop at Craters of the Moon in Idaho. It's a ancient giant lava flow. You guys should check it out on Google maps, satellite view. I've been there before when I was a little kid, and honestly I don't remember it. But when I get the chance on road trips I usually always try to find something cool in nature to go see. This fits the bill, but it's going to add probably 3 hours to my trip over all. As it's about 50 miles off I-15, and I'm probably going to spend an hour or so looking around. I'm pretty stoked about seeing this though.
          Last edited by Rilas; 03-31-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Did you ever drive the car without the 40/40 valve? I'm wondering what the difference was to you when you switched?
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
              Did you ever drive the car without the 40/40 valve? I'm wondering what the difference was to you when you switched?
              I haven't ever run disc brakes without a 40/40 proportioning valve so I can't really comment on the difference.

Comment

Not a big update, I've steadily been plugging along though. I'm at the very tail end of the endless wire tuck. I just need to buy some more corrugated tubing tomorrow after work. I ran out of the 1/4" I think. I just need a bit more to wrap up 4 or 5 more plugs. I also noticed that I forgot to take some pictures in the middle of the driver side.

Foglight C Harness (The bumper came off old Lola tonight. I got this off and worked at removing most of the wiring for the air temp sensor for the DCC.)

Wire Tuck Driver Side (Forgot a few pictures along the way. I'll try and snap a few of how it's routed and such.)

JDM P13 x2 (Thanks straight_success!)

JDM P13 Chipped (JDM H22A map with knock sensor disabled.)

Tomorrow I'm finishing up the wire tuck, finally! Not really sure exactly what the next step is, as there are a few directions to go at this point. I might just finishing removing everything from the firewall in the cabin, and get the SRS out of the car. After that I need to get the dashboard and the DCC components from old Lola, and get them installed into new Lola. Then I can proceed with the engine compartment. Then again I need to fully wrap up the wiring I need the engine harness from old Lola so I can add the knock sensor wiring to the chassis harness. That will probably be first.

Comment

Hey Will progress is looking great! Just to for warn you with the jdm p13 Ecu, you will have a code 36 which is traction control. It doesn't seem to effect the engine but it does bring on the cel. I'm wondering if your chipped p13 has that disabled as well.
                  Last edited by Grumpys93; 04-06-2017, 08:57 PM.
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Looking damn good!
                    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                      Hey Will progress is looking great! Just to for warm you with the jdm p13 Ecu, you will have a code 36 with is traction control. It doesn't seem to effect the engine but it does bring on the cel. I'm wondering if your chipped p13 has that disabled as well.
                      He will only get a CEL from a 4ws ecu. It should say the code on the side. I had both jdm 2ws and 4ws p13s.

Comment

So careful on where you are pulling the main loom through on the passenger side firewall. You may not be able to put the AC condenser back in and you can't leave it out as the air won't flow and your windows will fog up on damp days. Although I gutted my condenser I still was a very tight squeeze to get it back in with that wire loom behind it now.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                          He will only get a CEL from a 4ws ecu. It should say the code on the side. I had both jdm 2ws and 4ws p13s.
                          that's good to know, so I'm guessing the one that is installed on the 5th gen I purchased must be a 4ws ecu. When I get back to the states I'll have to look.
                          ~Nick~
                          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Hey Will progress is looking great! Just to for warn you with the jdm p13 Ecu, you will have a code 36 which is traction control. It doesn't seem to effect the engine but it does bring on the cel. I'm wondering if your chipped p13 has that disabled as well.
                            Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                            that's good to know, so I'm guessing the one that is installed on the 5th gen I purchased must be a 4ws ecu. When I get back to the states I'll have to look.
                            So both of the P13 ecu's have a large 2W on the side of them. I'm assuming this means 2 wheel steer. It's going to be another week or two until I finally get this rolling so I'll be able to better tell at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                              So careful on where you are pulling the main loom through on the passenger side firewall. You may not be able to put the AC condenser back in and you can't leave it out as the air won't flow and your windows will fog up on damp days. Although I gutted my condenser I still was a very tight squeeze to get it back in with that wire loom behind it now.
                              I'm aware. As this is now the second car to be wire tucked by myself. Also though I didn't have any issues with the A/C box last time. This was with the fog harness and the DCC harness both running behind it. As far as the main harness in the pictures it's behind the fan blower motor and has plenty of room there. Also in the pictures I have it pulled out away from the firewall and not on it's tie down. This is because I still need to add 2-3 wires through the firewall. Once that is done I'm going to tie it back down and get everything wrapped up.

Comment

Alright so update time. Finally started to get some parts in to get this project wrapped up.

SRS Deleted

OEM Knock Sensor

Passenger Side Wiring Finished (I still need to make a VTEC subharness, but otherwise this is finished. DCC wiring is also integrated into this side.)

Driver Side Wiring (I still need to make a subharness for the resistor box, as I want to mount it under the dashboard. I have the plugs to make it I just haven't had the time yet. Knock sensor wiring is integrated into this side, and wired into the ecu plugs.)

H22A1 and M2S4 (Now sitting in front of the car. I still need to get the clutch, pressure plate and flywheel off the F22B as it's been balanced to the H22A1. On a side note, the F22B and M2S4 came out of old Lola this weekend. Really it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes or so to get this all moved between engines.)

H22A1 Engine Front (I'm going to pull the oil pump off tonight so the machine shop can swap the KS balance shaft delete kit pieces. Dropping this off tomorrow morning.)

H22A1 Manual Tensioner

Driver Side Wiring 1 (Finally wrapped all this up and actually started to install the pedals.)

Driver Side Wiring 2

Driver Side Wiring 3

Driver Side Wiring 4

Driver Side Wiring 5

Driver Side Wiring 6

Driver Side Wiring 7

Passenger Side Wiring 1 (DCC stuff is fully wired into the car. Also to be able to route the fog light harness I need the pedals in the car. That is the only reason that this isn't in yet. FYI taking the plastic track off the firewall that the wire harness is in, is a pain in the ass. I actually took it all apart and integrated all my wires into the actual wire harness itself, then re-taped it all up.)

NGK Spark Plugs and Wires

SPC Adjustable Upper Ball Joints 1.5-3.0*

AC Delco Outer Tie Rods (Senkei 555 made in Japan. Also come with a lifetime warranty. Not really sure why you would buy Moog anymore at this point...)

AC Delco Inner Tie Rods (I would have gone with OEM except I couldn't justify the cost currently. I have too much else to buy. Unsure of actual brand but also a lifetime warranty, still unsure as why to go with Moog...)

Centric S2000 Clutch Master Cylinder

I also got the driver side axle but I forgot to take a picture of it. As you all can tell I'm getting much closer to actually make some real progress on Lola. I'll keep you guys updated as it goes. The only bad news, is that after tonight all work on Lola is on hold till the end of the week. Tomorrow after work I'm headed back to Salt Lake City to pick up the GF and little guy. I'm staying down there until Friday. So work will resume sometime on Friday or Saturday. Although I'm going to hit up a few junk yards and see if I can't find any goodies for Lola while I'm away.
                                Last edited by Rilas; 04-10-2017, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X