Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have an idea

so i have this idea.

I want to relocate my battery to the trunk. Then i thought most mercades has the battery in the trunk. Most of, if not all mercades has jumper post under the hood. The idea was to go to the junkyard and find bens and buy all those components and user those terminals and things so if i ever needed replacement parts i can get it and i know the quality would be well made .

Or better yet bmw x3 i found this. Should be long enough for the cb

What do you peps think?
    Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-16-2015, 11:38 AM.
    a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
    out with the old and in with the new

Comment

Many people have done it. I wouldn't buy a used OEM cable, though. I bought the underhood terminals, 0 gauge wire and a distribution block all for around $80. A battery box is about $20.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Wow, how did I miss this build thread? Very nice. I too am building an NA motor.

I had the same problem with my Golden Eagle fuel rail. I used Civic fuel rail studs and spacers.

I will be looking at this build. Keep it up.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          Many people have done it. I wouldn't buy a used OEM cable, though. I bought the underhood terminals, 0 gauge wire and a distribution block all for around $80. A battery box is about $20.
          Nice man! Were can i find this $20 battery box you speak off?

Right now i gonna blow my next check on a quaife lsd from a fellow cb7 tuner member. It will be $625 shipped its brand new. I had to pay all my bills for the month so i should be good. I wasnt ready to buy the lsd but i cant pass up a deal.

As far as the chassis goes the lsd will set me back on buying a spray gun and paint supplies. Stay tuned people thanks for reading.
          Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-16-2015, 10:42 PM.
          a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
            Wow, how did I miss this build thread? Very nice. I too am building an NA motor.

I had the same problem with my Golden Eagle fuel rail. I used Civic fuel rail studs and spacers.

I will be looking at this build. Keep it up.
            Cool man i will check u out as well.

Comment

This is one of many that Wal-Mart has.
              My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

You Have To Check Out This Link

I was browsing threw a members ride and i saw some very intriguing parts marked ffc .. then i googled it and i found this sight
                Very unique stuff.

http://fatfourcustoms.com/newest_pro...3_honda_accord

Comment

the secret V-tec

Today i am still stuck for cash to buy parts and equipment. I started looking for other things to do in the meanwhile. I removed the vtec solenoid and cleaned it. I replaced the gasket with oem. I had a pigtail that i was supose to solder to my vtec solenoid. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Ahhhhh anger the i moved on to install the distributor. I then realized nither of them were going to work. The f22 dizz simply doesnt line up with the mounting holes. The other dizzy is ob2 h22. Now i have to source an obd1 h22 dizzy. More anger. internal or external doesn't matter i know how to convert it.

So then i wet sanded the engine bay and put a second coat of black as the base coat. Thats it for the night.
                  Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-18-2015, 11:04 PM.

Comment

i found a automotive paint store by my house

So i hustled some cash 105. Poof it was gonna as fast as i got it. Lol my life for the next 8 months. So there is this really dope paint shop my my house, cool guys lots of advice. I purchased Acadia green pearl, reducer, clear coat, activator, and a tak rag for 105. I will be painting the engine bay my self. Waist of time and money towing the car to a body shop.

Next up i am on the hunt for two quality paint guns. 1.3 color coat n clear. 1 primer.

Update

I ended up buying this husky 2 gun kit frome home depot.
                    Quick over view. Iy came with 2 large cups, 2 small cups, 2 pressure regulators, cleaning kit, 5 in cup filters, 1 multi hex tool, 2 air hose fittings. In a nice case all for $80. The needle on both guns are 1.4 i use 1 gun for base coat and 1 for clear. The accessories i bout were 2 inline air filters and laquer thinner to clean the gun.

I wet sanded the black with 800 grit. Cleaned with clean rag and water. I wiped it dry, then used paper towels with prep solvent to clean. Next i used a tac rag to pick up any lint.

This was my first time painting wix a spray gun and paints u have to mix. I did a lot of research and ask professionlas for advice.
                    I set up my base coat gun with regulator set at 25 psi while u hold the spray trigger. I put reducer in my cup to clean the gun to clean it and sprayed it off to the side and adjusted my spray pattern. Once set i put the gun aside the i have a special mix of container with the ratios marked for easy mixing I bought them for $1 each. I was instructed to use ratio of 2 parts paint to 1 part reducer. I used a paint strainer for pouring the paint and reducer in the container. Next stri with stick. Poor the paint into the gun using strainer again.
                    Then i was ready to shoot. I used an overlaping technique from many angles. Besure to be a good distance away. Lol dont forget ppe i used dusk mask safty glasses and gloves. I was out doors if your indoors use and exhaust fan and a resperator. I applied about three coats 15 minutes in between.

Next clear coat . I set regulator to 32 psi as i was instructed. The ratio for clear was 4 oarts clear to 1 part hardner/ activator. Filter and mix. I waited about 40 mins after the last base coat then i did the same as before.... check out the results.

I had to remove the wiper motor to route this wire tuck omg holy dirt cakes batman... i had to use th blow gun to clean that thing out.
                    Well that is the hole i had to make.
                    I bought this fabric abrasion resistant electrical tape, wire loom special mounting zip ties, and standard electrical tape from Home Depot. I used a peice of sillicone were the wire went threw any metal. I will update later.
                    Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-25-2015, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Good progress. Wasn't I the one that told you about FFC. I have some of their good parts on my car.

I like how your bay came out. I would love to see it in person.

Comment

Also check out http://www.cheddasauto.com/

They're coming out with control arms soon.

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                          Good progress. Wasn't I the one that told you about FFC. I have some of their good parts on my car.

I like how your bay came out. I would love to see it in person.
                          Thanks man! It looks like wow in person. I ordered a full aluminum radiator from srs. I will go with the ffc radatior brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by Tishock View Post
                            Also check out http://www.cheddasauto.com/

They're coming out with control arms soon.
                            Say what that shifter looks dope A.f. and i like how it comes with all four rear lca's

Comment

Originally posted by jaykilla116 View Post
                              Today i am still stuck for cash to buy parts and equipment. I started looking for other things to do in the meanwhile. I removed the vtec solenoid and cleaned it. I replaced the gasket with oem. I had a pigtail that i was supose to solder to my vtec solenoid. I can't seem to find it anywhere. Ahhhhh anger the i moved on to install the distributor. I then realized nither of them were going to work. The f22 dizz simply doesnt line up with the mounting holes. The other dizzy is ob2 h22. Now i have to source an obd1 h22 dizzy. More anger. internal or external doesn't matter i know how to convert it.

So then i wet sanded the engine bay and put a second coat of black as the base coat. Thats it for the night.
                              Why not use your ODBII distributor and make a conversion harness? A lot easier and cheaper than trying to source out a ODBI distributor. Or swap out the internals from one housing to the other.
                              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                                Why not use your ODBII distributor and make a conversion harness? A lot easier and cheaper than trying to source out a ODBI distributor. Or swap out the internals from one housing to the other.
                                Show me how i attempted but inside are totally differnt.

Comment

Working...
                                X