Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

jus a quick ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jus a quick ??

how do u guys feel about 1 10 in sub with a 700 watt amp say a sony amp and a punch sub in a optimus ported box ?? would it sound good?
    Originally posted by deevergote
    This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
    i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

It might sound good. I have very little experience with ported boxes. I have a 700w Class D Alpine amp pushing an older Kicker Comp VR 10 with dual 2 ohm voice coils in a sealed box and it sounds very nice. It depends on what kind of music you're typically listening to also. My setup sounds awesome with most of the rock music I play. Even sounds pretty good on a lot of the rap music. I'm sure what you're planning on running would sound good too.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

all i ever used was a ported box, all sound great had major thump to it but thats cause i have 2 12's and not a single 10. but a ported box is a yes for sound, i never had experience with a 10 inch sub only 12's and 15's. so if the power from the amp doesnt ruin the sub i say it should be fine.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

well what u have to see is the rms not the peak watts, that will determine what your equipment will be running at a constant.

ive had some ported and sealed boxes in my times. and i can honestly say the sealed ones hit harder, but the ported allow the sub to breath alot better what i recomend is to get a ported box and ease the break in of the sub itself... dont install and blast the bass then youll ruin the foam and your coils will heat up sooner, so take your time with the sub and face the sub towards the back of the seat that will project a harder bass. good luck
        from this

Comment

there is a big difference to ported, sealed and bandpass boxes. A sealed box is great for rock music and anything that requires a quick bass response and return. The ports in the box are to help tune the frequency in which your sub responds the best at. A band pass is a mixture of the 2 boxes. A ported box works well for rap and hip/hop, due to the long frequency waves. A bandpass box, due to the multiple chambers, will give you a harder hitting bass, but carries for a longer time than the sealed or ported. The type of music you listen to and the type of bass you want, will determine your box design. Another important note for audio, when you buy a box... it is better to order a box for that speaker from the company, or have someone custom build you one to the spcs of the sub.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome702 View Post
            there is a big difference to ported, sealed and bandpass boxes. A sealed box is great for rock music and anything that requires a quick bass response and return. The ports in the box are to help tune the frequency in which your sub responds the best at. A band pass is a mixture of the 2 boxes. A ported box works well for rap and hip/hop, due to the long frequency waves. A bandpass box, due to the multiple chambers, will give you a harder hitting bass, but carries for a longer time than the sealed or ported. The type of music you listen to and the type of bass you want, will determine your box design. Another important note for audio, when you buy a box... it is better to order a box for that speaker from the company, or have someone custom build you one to the spcs of the sub.
            now this sir, is a good reply. bump for you because you are not thread whoring. good stuff. true contribution

Comment

ive had so many boxes in the past and they were all pre-fab boxes. there is a HUGE difference between those and one that is built. for example i had two memphis pr15s in a prefab slot ported enclosure, it was damn loud. then i was getting ready to order my monster ficaraudio BTL 15 and built one. i slapped one of those 15s in that box with half the power and it was louder. build one! you will be much happier. if you need a link to a good box calculator let me know. RE has one that is great, it will tell you what size boards to cut what they are and how many.

R.I.P.

Comment

Mobile audio can be very confusing.

Which is why I come to you guys for all the answers.

I think your amp bridged to one 10 in a ported box would sound good, depending.

But, I'm no expert.

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                X