Loud Aftermarket Horns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loud Aftermarket Horns?

Has anyone put any aftermarket horns on their CB7s? I've been wanting to put something super loud on mine. There's so many retarded drivers in my area, and it's very satisfying to honk at their stupidity (in the moment).
    (I'm pretty sure there's a surplus of brainless morons driving around in my area for some reason)

I'm not thinking a train horn or anything, just something that'll make someone jump.
    I'm faster then a prius

I ran twin Hella Supertones behind a Jack Lee g square grille years ago.

Get a PA system.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
      I ran twin Hella Supertones behind a Jack Lee g square grille years ago.

Get a PA system.
      How were those?

HAHA! A PA system... MOVE OUTTA THE WAY GRANDMA!

I'm not liking how Hella horns sound, they're all super thin and harsh sounding. I want something deeper and more authoritative than that!
      Last edited by GTRON; 08-05-2017, 05:38 PM.
      I'm faster then a prius

Comment

The Hella horns while although louder than factory especially when running two, were more of a cosmetic fad of the time.

A friend in Missouri had a PA system in his 90 LX. He may still have it. It was quite funny. Once first installed he came up to my house at the time and acted like the police on a bullhorn. "Come out, we have you surrounded."

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
          The Hella horns while although louder than factory especially when running two, were more of a cosmetic fad of the time.

A friend in Missouri had a PA system in his 90 LX. He may still have it. It was quite funny. Once first installed he came up to my house at the time and acted like the police on a bullhorn. "Come out, we have you surrounded."
          That's kinda what I caught on, they look cool.

Haha, that's great. I would like to have the capability to address the public when needed, but I'll probably stick to a normal car horn. I want something loud and deep, not just piercing.
          I'm faster then a prius

Comment

You might check Wolo. They make a large variance of horns. I have one on my truck. It's quite loud. Much louder than my Talon or CB. I know most parts stores carry the Wolo line.

Good luck with it.

Comment

I had crashed my cb several times and the horn brackets became bent. This caused the horn itself to touch the core support of the car.

Since it was resonating a lot of metal, the sound became very obnoxious and a lot louder. May want to try bending your brackets to see if you like the sound. It will cost you $0

Comment

I have a pair of twin note Cadillac horns off my old 78 Fleetwood that I want to add to my car lol.

Does anyone know if the horn buttons are independent of each other as well as the stock horns on a 92-93? I'm thinking of wiring the two stock horns on one button and the Caddy horns on the other. I might have to get creative with DMM placement and lead extensions so I can test it on my own.

Comment

I actually have Nissan Titan horns on my car currently and I'm thinking about changing over to Infiniti Q50 horns since I have access to them through work. They're plenty loud and the deeper truck tone is kind of nice sometimes. The only issue is the brackets on them actually ground out the horns so you have to creatively mount them for the horn to not be on all the time.

Comment

Truck horns, that's an idea!
                    I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Working...
                    X