No announcement yet.

Wise Words From Wise People Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,made by someone who wants something' - Unknown

Excerpt from a video called 'Don't be a sucker'

Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

I was with some friends the other morning, talking about random stuff, and at one point one of them offered this gem:

"A relationship is like a fart: if you have to force it, it's probably shit."

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        I was with some friends the other morning, talking about random stuff, and at one point one of them offered this gem:

"A relationship is like a fart: if you have to force it, it's probably shit."
        Haha I heard this one before. Makes sense though. Can't force someone to be
        with you.
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

You usually shouldn't force yourself to make a relationship work, that you know isn't working, either.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I recently discovered Doug Stanhope (stand-up comic) and have been addicted to his material. This line, from his second book:

"Some of the best nights in your life will never make it onto your Wikipedia page. Stop worrying about your credits and consider enjoying your day.

You die at the end."

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct View Post
              "I count him braver he who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self."
              -Aristotle
              My favorite post on Cb7Tuner.com

Words of wisdom are timeless & I needed to read this today.
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                One I have struggled with ever since I can remember and will more than likely struggle with until I'm in my grave.

"Don't let yesterday take up too much of today."
                Shew...sorry guys I am stuck on this thread right now.

Man, this is a really hard one for me because I need to work harder at
                forgetting the past & just to move forward.

This is why my signature is "Keep Pushing.." I was/I guess still am a skateboarder
                & keep pushing to me just mean to keep going now matter what.
                You fall, get back up.
                You fail, oh well try it again.
                Keep Pushing..

Comment

I'm reading MLK's last book, Where Do We Go From Here, and liked this bit:

"A final victory is an accumulation of many short-term encounters. To lightly dismiss a success because it does not usher in a complete order of justice is to fail to comprehend the process of achieving full victory. It underestimates the value of confrontation and dissolves the confidence born of a partial victory by which new efforts are powered."

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                  X