Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Another Boosted F series!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Boosted F series!

I know it's not a CB but it's still an F and I use to own a CB7 coupe. So back in 2007 I had bought some DSM turbo parts with intentions on boosting my F22A4. I let the CB's body get a bit ripe and decided to part ways with it, so I sold the turbo kit. Then in 2009 I picked up my current Accord, 1996 LX(canadian version) sedan. For 2009 I didnt do anything besides lowered and wheels. 2010 same nothing changed wheels but nothing major. Then last summer I started to piece together a turbo kit, and almost a year later I finally had the final pieces. The turbo kit sat in the storage closet for another couple months so i decided it was time, this thing needed to be boosted. So had a friend of mine install the kit and another friend tuned it on crome gold at 5psi(street tune). So after 5 or so years I have finally boosted an F. It`s still low boost and will eventually be turned up but i am overall happy with it. Long time coming! Here are the details on the set-up:

Edit: Current setup 2014

Stock F22B2
    Garrett t3/t4 57 trim turbo .60ar cold .48ar hot
    Turbonectics log manifold
    Tial 38mm wastegate(8 psi spring)
    Greddy BOV(eBay type rs shown in pic)
    2.5" downpipe and 3" exhaust(no cat, no res) 3" vibrant street power muffler
    28x9x3 FMIC
    2.5" charge piping
    Walbro 255LPH HP
    ACT xtreme pressure plate
    F1 Racing sprung 6 puck clutch disk
    Precision 1000cc injectors
    GO-Autoworks oil line kit
    AEM wideband
    AEM digital boost gauge
    Chipped P06 ecu w/demon running NepTune RTP
    M2F4 trans w/carbon synchros and billet final drive
    A/C delete
    P/S delete
    EGR block off plate
    Omni 3 bar map sensor

Update: New pics June 2016

URL=http://s100.photobucket.com/user/JDMef9Brandon/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_6.jpeg.html][/URL]

Onto the pics...

Engine bay needs a good cleaning!!!
    Last edited by JDMef9; 07-02-2016, 12:42 PM.

Looks great, but pull that hood off and clean it for gods sake! Pretty sick setup you've got there. Noone will expect that turbo from you when they rev up their little civic hatch with their autozone muffler tips.

I like blue

Comment

Nice setup, but that bay is ridiculous!!!

"Cleft"
      Rolling vid>> Click Here

Comment

^ x2
        10th Anniversary Accord.
        05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Good shit! but you have to look the part too for goodness sakes bro powerwash that engine bay and be sure to get that badboy tuned.

Comment

car is a sleeper clean the bay and u will be good

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordkidd View Post
              car Is A Sleeper Clean The Bay And U Will Be Good
              X2

Comment

That is a DOPE set up. Rhino line that bay! question though. Where in the hell did you find that piping??!

Rip It Up
                Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Lol someone made a dookie in your bay

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
                    That is a DOPE set up. Rhino line that bay! question though. Where in the hell did you find that piping??!
                    Found it on eBay, it's a Treadstone copy. Here's the link...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/92-96-97-01-H...item231e84a8ed

Comment

do not rhino line the bay.
                      Think how hard would it be to clean it when you get shit on it.
                      My buddy did it, and 3 weeks later he was removing it.

Not everything has to be a damn show car.
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDMef9 View Post
                        Found it on eBay, it's a Treadstone copy. Here's the link...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/92-96-97-01-H...item231e84a8ed
                        Sweet thank you i have been looking for this kit lol. As for Rhino lining I used duplicolor "Bed Armor' and it is complete sex. I love it. Different strokes for different folks.

Rip It Up
                        Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

invest in a full wire tuck and radiator tuck and change the radiator for a half size dual core crx radiator .

Comment

Nice build, car looks pretty clean on the outside. I would paint the bumper and grill. The engine bay can wait IMO it's not a big deal to have rust proofing in there. I know all about it also owning a Canadian CD myself.

Just remember that not everyone runs the streets with their hoods propped up like some of these guys seem to do!

Just wondering. How many of you who posted, "clean your bay" are running show cars with a complete FI kit and wire tuck?
                            MR Thread
                            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Hey guys! Been a while since I updated the status of my car and build. Picked up a h22 lsd transmission it has carbon synchros quaife lsd and a billet final drive which i'm not sure what ratio, also some 85mm wiseco pistons, h beam rods, acl race bearings, bisimoto valve springs, bigger intercooler(can't remember the specs)and an omni 3 bar map sensor. Well car is still running stock motor with over 348,000 Km's lol. Just replaced the timing belt and water pump a few weeks ago and ditched the crome gold 9psi tune that was on the ecu for a neptune rtp setup I got last year. We street tuned it today with an omni 3 bar up to 16psi on my fully stock motor! I still have my motor build parts but I ditched the GT3582R that I had originally bought for my motor build. So I'm still on my garrett 57 trim now at 16lbs which might I add rips pretty good. I did get the h22 LSD trans installed last year but the gear ratio is way too short for drag racing with my 23" slicks. It puts me shifting into 5th at 85mph and at my new boost level will put me into triple digits thru the traps, so whenever I will get a chance I'm going back to f series trans. Would like to find an LSD to install in it tho. Anywho just wanted to let everyone know where my setup has taken me so far in the 2 years it has been on the car. Probably put about 10,000 km if that on the engine boosted. My tuner wants me to up the boost to 20 psi with a meth kit on the stock motor but I wanna enjoy it at this boost level for a few first lol. Might try to get a video on my next days off in a couple weeks for you guys since yas never seen it in action yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X