been puttin a blower on my cls6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea required a hood mod:

as for swapping over, the cam gears and wiring sub harness are the only thing that needs to be swapped over.

went to honda day over at zmax 2 weeks ago. took home second place:

glad it didnt blow up 3+ hours away from home!
    COUPE K24

Comment

Man, that looks mean... Gonna do some sort of cowl hood for it, or just leave it poking out?

Comment

ha just gonna leave it. yall should see peoples reaction. its so funny lol.
        COUPE K24

Comment

You sir. You.

Have my respect. That hood is awesome.

Comment

^ thanks.

this is the disaster from yesterday to now.

peep my accord in the garage lol.
            COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              With custom engine management, I'm sure it's not terribly difficult. As long as you know what you're doing with that stuff. As long as the ECU isn't looking for additional sensors and stuff, they're not an issue.
              The J motors use entirely different pick up sensors on the cam gears and unless you have a custom ecu a stock one wont work. Since he was swapping into cls6 with an auto motor using a stock ecu I wanted to know if anything else had to be swapped over and the sub harness had be as well. There's also a different coolant neck with ports for a transmission cooler on auto motors and I believe that has to be swapped over from the 6 speed motor.

For '93CB7Ex are you going to swap anything over from the type s j32a on to your new j35a3? I hear the j32a cams are the most aggressive you can get for the j motors while the heads and extra displacement on these j35a3 motors allow for awesome power.
              I pulled this from a build thread I am following were they are swapping J32A into an NSX.
              Ok for the head you only have a few options available at this time.

Complete Stock Head - The Best stock Head is from the J35a3 or the J32a2. The J32a2 has the best cams. The J35a3 has the best flowing ones, 35mm valves (10% lighter then the 36mm ones and flow better. Believe it or not the 36mm valves were for emissions not for performance. Why do you think all the other J series motors use 35mm valves?) I would go with J35a3 heads in a heartbeat. Just throw the J32a2 cams in it and your good to go.

Cams - I will start with this because this is what everyone is interested in. The most aggressive cams are the Manual J32a2 cams. Ive heard back and forth between people claiming the J32a2 auto cams are the same exact but my friend Don from RPM System say the manual cams are the best to go with for an oem cam. I will take his word over anyone else's.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                For '93CB7Ex are you going to swap anything over from the type s j32a on to your new j35a3? I hear the j32a cams are the most aggressive you can get for the j motors while the heads and extra displacement on these j35a3 motors allow for awesome power.
                I pulled this from a build thread I am following were they are swapping J32A into an NSX.
                The J32A2 camshafts used to be the most aggressive until the J35A8 camshafts came out in 2005. There was a revision to the RL camshaft in 2006 and then again for use in the TL-S in 2007. Since then, the J37A1 camshafts are even slightly better, in addition to being hollow.

I've gone through my J35A3 heads and some J32A2 heads from a 2003 TL-S. The intake valves in the J32A2 are 36mm, as opposed to the 35mm in the J35A3 (and many other J-series engines), but that's common knowledge. What many don't know is that the lost motion assemblies were updated in 2003. Since the J35A3 was only made in '01 and '02, it will have the old style that came out in '97. At the very least, I would suggest changing out the J35A3 LMAs and camshafts with the J32A2 parts.

I would also consider changing out the oil pump for the J32A2 unit you have. The 6-speed J32A2 has it's own part number that includes a provision to mount the 6-speed-specific crankshaft position sensor. It's not necessary, as the automatic oil pumps have one of the two bosses, but it's there if you wanted. The spring and piston in the oil pump is also for a higher pressure. If you're looking for an even better upgrade, the J35A8 from the '07-'08 TL-S uses an even stiffer spring in the oil pump.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Thanks for the info Jarrett.

I do plan on swapping the cams/springs/LMAs over.

I also had thought about swapping the relief valve and spring over too. I noticed in a thread on acurazine, buddy swapped all the parts over like the lower timing gear and I noticed that the crank sensor didnt have a mounting boss for a bolt. I found that odd but I guess it works.

How much work is required to swap the entire oil pump over?
                  COUPE K24

Comment

Much less than an F/H-series engine requires. It uses a couple of seals on the back, but the housing itself is held on with Hondabond. There's no balance shafts to mess with, though!

I'd order the seals on the back of the oil pump (not the two o-rings), the seal for the VTEC solenoid, front and rear main seals, and camshaft seals at a minimum. I also found that the Aisin water pump for these engines has a better designed rotor than the factory Yamada pump. So if you're looking to replace, look into a kit with an Aisin.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i already got the vtec solenoid gasket. i have 160$ worth of parts in my acura basket. ill see about getting the rest of it. thanks for the help/info.
                      COUPE K24

Comment

finished up the swap! engine runs great. i swapped over my a2 cams and valve train. definitely woke the car up.

drove it around a couple weeks to get the bugs out and get it running smooth.

put the sc back on last thursday.

painted it this time. looks 100000x better. i really want to get it powder coated or painted really good. this paint is just caliper paint from autozone but it still looks good.

working on getting AEM from dezod motorsports. man that shits so expensive but when i do have enough to get it, this shits gonna rip! need a pulley and water/meth for sure.
                        COUPE K24

Comment

Instead of going through Dezod, why not get Infinity 6 and have a harness made? I think it could even come out cheaper.

Comment

i thought they made it all plug and play for cls6. with the others, you had to use auto sensors n shit. if thats wrong lmk!
                            COUPE K24

Comment

No, you're correct. The AEM 6051 is the commonly sold model for the J32A2 which requires the use of all of the automatic sensors. Dezod was able to do some hardware modifications to a 6050 and get it to use the the sensors for the manual transmission J32A2. I think it still requires a bit of harness work, but I'm not certain if that's the case, or to what extent. Either way, they won't divulge anything, so you'll need to go through them to get it done anyway.

The Infinity 6 is capable of using a wide array of sensor types and digital/analog inputs. From a hardware perspective, it is MUCH more capable than AEM EMS2. If there were still people spending money on these cars, you'd see people doing them left and right. But since no one is, no one is innovating. So all that anyone knows about are options that were available 5 years ago.

If I were you, I'd get the wiring pin out for the Infinity 6 from AEM's website, as well as a wiring diagram for a CLS6, and send that to your preferred engine harness builder. Then see if that person/company can build you a jumper harness that's completely plug and play. With the cost of the Infinity 6 and the typical cost of wiring like that, you'd be out for a lot less than the Dezod price and have something a lot better.

Comment

i did a little digging about the I6, seems to be a little on the high side as far as the ecu goes. i dont really know anyone who makes engine harnesses.
                                COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                                X