Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

My First CB7 (all my friends think it's a steal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First CB7 (all my friends think it's a steal)

Hey guys,

So this is my first post on CB7tuner. I've merely skimmed through the forum regarding various topics but i digress. This past weekend, I bought a 1992 Accord EX Coupe (manual). I had been looking for a car for at least three months or so, but I just couldn't find much. When I saw the ad for this CB7, it wasn't my irst choice (it really should've been). Let me start by listing all the parts currently on the car:

- Some brand of coilovers in the front and shocks in the back (haven't gotten a chance to check but I will this weekend. Hopefully)

- AEM Short Ram Intake

- Stage 2 Clutch

- D.C. Street Legal headers

- Magna Flow Cat-back exhaust

- Quick release steering wheel

- Pioneer head unit (thank God for an aux cable)

Now this car has two problems, not sure which would be the minor and which would be the major, you decide. The first problem is that the car currently leaks brake fluid from the right front of the car. Again, I haven't been able to get under the car to check but i can see brake fluid from there if I let the car sit for awhile. The second problem is when driving the car hard and fast, second and third gear slightly grind. My thought on that are the car probably needs the transmission fluid replaced but I'm not sure.

Other than that stuff, the car is great. It's got about 179,000 miles on it and I plan to keep it for a long time (hopefully)

For now, the only hing I can think about changing with the car is those 15" steelies. I just don't like there look. At all. Deep dish would bee cool, but no. I'm considering trying to go for a "kanjo" style look since I plan to go track the car after fixing the brake fluid leak, but time will tell.

Here are some pics:

I have saved the best part for last hehe.
    This car cost me $700.
    Yes, $700
    Last edited by blind_peach; 09-23-2017, 01:37 AM.

Welcome to the forums

Hopefully that brake fluid leak and grind are simple fixes. It may be that your shift cables are out of spec or the fluid as you said. This forum is THE best source of knowledge about CB7's so make sure to use the search function extensively. I can't imagine many issues that haven't been already addressed here. Glad to have ya here Peach and yes, you got a steal of a deal for that car.

Comment

The car looks good.

I do have a concern and you should as well. Why in the nine blazing hell's are you driving the car "fast and hard" with a leaking brake line/connection/caliper?!? It would seem to me you are asking to wreck, I mean just begging for it almost.

First and foremost you should probably fix the leaking brake problem before really driving the car all that much if at all. I mean at low speeds you can somewhat negate the issue, with the parking brake if the brakes failed suddenly. Anything above 25 MPH I would consider unsafe with leaking brake lines. Even then that isn't all that safe because if you have to stop immediately the parking brake isn't going to do that for you.

The grinding of 2nd and 3rd is most likely just worn synchro's. A fluid change might help a bit but the only real fix is to swap transmissions with a known good one or rebuild the one you currently have in the car.
      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
        The car looks good.

I do have a concern and you should as well. Why in the nine blazing hell's are you driving the car "fast and hard" with a leaking brake line/connection/caliper?!? It would seem to me you are asking to wreck, I mean just begging for it almost.

First and foremost you should probably fix the leaking brake problem before really driving the car all that much if at all. I mean at low speeds you can somewhat negate the issue, with the parking brake if the brakes failed suddenly. Anything above 25 MPH I would consider unsafe with leaking brake lines. Even then that isn't all that safe because if you have to stop immediately the parking brake isn't going to do that for you.

The grinding of 2nd and 3rd is most likely just worn synchro's. A fluid change might help a bit but the only real fix is to swap transmissions with a known good one or rebuild the one you currently have in the car.
        Haha yeah you're completely right in regards to how I shouldn't be driving fast and hard with leaking brake fluid. My only solution to the problem which has been working so far is topping off the master cylinder before I start drving. I'm only using the car to drive to and from home on weekends, but all things considered, leaking brakes are a major issue

Comment

Also I forgot to mention, welcome to the forums! Glad to have another person that shares an interest in these cars.
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Yeah, it's nice to be part of a community that enjoys these Accords. I'm looking forward to years with this car

Comment

So I just wanted to get your guys' opinion on this (but I'm not sure if this would be the thread to place it in).

After fixing this brake leak (hopefully this weekend), I plan on getting these ADR GT rims once I get my paycheck. The guys has them listed for $150 and I really like they're look. But I want to know if it's really worth it

The size of the full tires are 205/45 R 16

Here are some pics:

Comment

well if our (or at least my) opinion matters I'd suggest holding off on modifying the car until you have all of the maintenance issues taken care of and the car is reliable and safe to drive. THEN it would be acceptable (in my opinion) to start modding your car. Do as you choose, I'd just hate for you to have a broken down car or one that gets into an accident with snazzy new wheels on it.

Comment

Oh yeah, I completely agree. I want to fix this thing to where all I have to worry about is how much gas i have left rather than how much brake fluid is left. Reliability is my first goal. It sucks that I have to drive this from LA to Riverside (80 mile drive) this Friday night because I'm gonna be worried the entire time. I want to fix this brake fluid leak ASAP but I have no where to work on it out here in LA. I was just wondering if ADR GT wheels are a good fit

Comment

So here's an update on the vehicle:
                    I've changed the valve cover gasket because I was experiencing misfires and found motor oil in two of my spark plugs. Also, I found some guy selling a full set of rims for $50 but one rim a small weld. Paid $150 for a better set of used tires. Then I went on to retrofit the AC and now the car runs good. Yeah, she's still leaking brake fluid so I have to find someone to hep with either an ABS delete because that's where it's leaking from. The ABS reservoir overflows and leaks the brake fluid. Saddest part is it's eating through the paint on my AEM intake

Here are some pics:

In regards to future plans, I really love the idea of a v6 swap when this motor takes a crapper or if I can find a good one at a pick-a-part. If not, individual throttle bodies have always been my love. I just wish I knew where to go from the standard I/H/E mods for the ITBs

P.S. For those with better eyes, you may have noticed a big scratch in the right back tire area. Yes, I am sad to say that I scraped while trying to get out of a parking garage AND while trying to parallel park. It dented the fender and has left a lot a deep scratches. I've been looking into how to repair it but time will tell if I can
                    Last edited by blind_peach; 09-23-2017, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Don't worry bro. We will fix the brakes and abs this weekend. We gotta hit Rialto pap early so I can get the plugs to wire up the Acura CL seats in your car. At least the power for now. As long as you got a lil time I'll fix that car right up.
                      5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Hell yeah man, I'm excited for it all. Can't wait for the weekend

Comment

The pictures don't seem to be working, I'd love to see the car!
                          I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                            The pictures don't seem to be working, I'd love to see the car!
                            Glad it's not just me, pics don't show up on my end.

Comment

That's so bizarre. Looks like google photos doesn't support third party hosting. I'll try and find a way to have them up someway or another

Comment

Working...
                              X