No announcement yet.

domesticated : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well she's all ready to come out. Everything is undone except the mounts and axles. I'm getting a cherry picker tomorrow. Excited to see the condition of the valves and rings. I'd like to not do a full rebuild, but it may happen.
    Last edited by Domesticated; 09-17-2014, 09:28 PM.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Oh yeah, let the fun begin. Subscribed!!!!

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Might as well clean the engine bay and block while it is out.
        Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

That's basically the only reason I'm pulling it out lol. I'm tired of the leaks and the mess. I'm surprised the US didn't invade my engine bay haha.

Comment

It's nice to have the space, ability, and drive to do a pull and rebuild. I both hate and love engine repair work.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
              That's basically the only reason I'm pulling it out lol. I'm tired of the leaks and the mess. I'm surprised the US didn't invade my engine bay haha.
              I should also paint it too since you got time for this to be down. You want the engine to be a jewel in a box essentially. It may be for the sake of appearance, but when I do engine work I like to be clean.
              Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

I'm gonna clean everything up, but I'm not doing a wire tuck and I'm not deleting everything, and it's gonna get heels dirty at the track, and the bay paint is still good, so I'm gonna avoid painting and polishing. But it will all look clean and new!

Comment

Yup. That's what I did to both of my cb7s. Don't use full strength degreaser on aluminum. The acid in it will oxidize into the aluminum.

Comment

Update!

All dat oil...

Comment

Man, i gotta do this to my coupe and i'm not looking forward to it.

I've heard Simple Green works really well and is safe for the paint?

Comment

It wasn't bad. Took about 6 hours to get everything out. Picked up an engine stand from HF for 45 dollars! Thought it is gonna be a huge pain to clean all the oil off. I can't decide what to do. I wan't boost so bad, but I won't have the funds to do so before next summer. I'm trying to convince myself 4-5psi on e85 with a thicker head gasket should be safe...

Comment

Simple green doesn't hurt paint.

Comment

I second that! Simple Green is an awesome cleaner. I use it to clean my engine bay all the time.
                            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I'm not deleting my balance shafts. I've had a hard time being convinced it isn't detrimental to the engine. I don't know how making the vibrations worse doesn't hurt high end power and durability. Yea I'll lose a few HP, but it's only a few.

This is a cool read btw:
                              http://www.jackstransmissions.com/pa...balance-shafts

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                                I'm not deleting my balance shafts. I've had a hard time being convinced it isn't detrimental to the engine. I don't know how making the vibrations worse doesn't hurt high end power and durability. Yea I'll lose a few HP, but it's only a few.

This is a cool read btw:
                                http://www.jackstransmissions.com/pa...balance-shafts
                                I could only see it being a good idea to remove them if you were rebuilding the engine to different specs and could cancel out the added vibration.

I'm sure we could get lots of the kids on the facebook group to guinea pig this for us with a little encouragement.

Comment

Working...
                                X