Police Officer recorded my plates in parking lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Officer recorded my plates in parking lot

I just got back from my hockey game tonight (11:00pm) and some guy stops me in the parking lot and asked if that was my car and I told him yeah. He said a police officer stopped at my car around 2:00pm, went around to the back and took down my plate number. I hadn't driven my car at all today, nor have I done anything reckless (to my knowledge) lately, is this just a random plate search or should I be concerned?

Originally posted by PowderedMilkMan View Post
    I just got back from my hockey game tonight (11:00pm) and some guy stops me in the parking lot and asked if that was my car and I told him yeah. He said a police officer stopped at my car around 2:00pm, went around to the back and took down my plate number. I hadn't driven my car at all today, nor have I done anything reckless (to my knowledge) lately, is this just a random plate search or should I be concerned?
    Its called Profileing.

Originally posted by Makaveli2k
    White girls make the world go round. If I were to be stranded on an island and I could only 3 things to bring with me It'd be 2 different white girls. And a Smashing pumpkins Cd... I hear they like that shit. =p

Comment

......or he was just running your plates? nothing wrong with that....

Comment

It's called doing their job... however, there may be an aspect of profiling. Modified car, commonly stolen, and if it spent an extended amount of time in a parking lot... it's worth looking into. Hell, if your car was stolen, and a cop happened to see it and run the plates, you'd be pretty thankful!

If you get any sort of ticket in the mail, then you have cause to be upset. Otherwise, think of it as the cops looking out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          It's called doing their job... however, there may be an aspect of profiling. Modified car, commonly stolen, and if it spent an extended amount of time in a parking lot... it's worth looking into. Hell, if your car was stolen, and a cop happened to see it and run the plates, you'd be pretty thankful!

If you get any sort of ticket in the mail, then you have cause to be upset. Otherwise, think of it as the cops looking out for you.
          you have a way with words, mike.

Comment

Nah, I just talk too much.

Comment

Yeah I did have my car backed in against the bushes too, I appreciate the input, now I can get some sleep without worrying, haha.

Comment

ha since i have fixed my idle problem i have got pulled over 3 times. i have only had the idle fixed for 2 days.
                Members Ride sold...
                I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Police Dept, has this new thing mounted on their trunks. As they drive through the lot, it'll record your plates and tell the Officer if a car is hot or not.

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
                    Police Dept, has this new thing mounted on their trunks. As they drive through the lot, it'll record your plates and tell the Officer if a car is hot or not.
                    Depends where.
                    My Car
                    FREE Web hosting solutions

Comment

yupppp .................they have them posted on roads too. If a hot car goes by they send a signal to the police.

Comment

Modified car, commonly stolen, and if it spent an extended amount of time in a parking lot... it's worth looking into.
                        Exactly. My uncle (who's a cop in TN) does this in just about every parking lot. That's all he does every shift. There have been a lot of happy import owners thanks to him.

Originally posted by loud92CB7 View Post
                        ha since i have fixed my idle problem i have got pulled over 3 times. i have only had the idle fixed for 2 days.
                        Damn Dave. SLOW DOWN!

There are only 2-3 cars around here that do that. I know they hang around the metro area, which is where the MilkMan may have been.

1999 BMW M3
                        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

The best thing to do if you want to steal a car... steal cars that are identical to your own, and use your own plates. Cops won't question it unless they give them a reason to. As long as the plates are registered to a car that fits the description of the one you're driving... no cop will bother checking the VIN. Any smart thief would't leave the plates on a car that identify it as stolen!

...then again, not all thieves are smart. Jus' sayin'.

Comment

The best thing to do if you want to steal a car... steal cars that are identical to your own, and use your own plates. Cops won't question it unless they give them a reason to. As long as the plates are registered to a car that fits the description of the one you're driving... no cop will bother checking the VIN. Any smart thief would't leave the plates on a car that identify it as stolen!

...then again, not all thieves are smart. Jus' sayin'.
                            they did this to my bros accord lol. he went into work one day (at a mall) came out and his accord was replaced with a green one. reported it stolen and they found it a week later in another shopping mall when someone reported the same event. they took his wheels and put steelies on. pretty much stole everything inside but thats it

no
                            Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                            $30 HID kits here Thread
                            "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                            "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

had a cop do that, probably cuz my license was in the windshield and not on the bumper. 2 zipties and the license plate is up front.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X