Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

JDM F23A swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM F23A swap

Hello all and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I was with a friend who wants me to swap a motor in his 2000 accord. We looked for the motor from our local junk yards here in Jersey. I called JDM depot in Belleville nj and found the F23A for $300.00. I couldn't help myself so I purchased one also. It comes with the harness and cpu. If anyone knows anything about this it would help me greatly. I am going to post everything I do so it may help others. Its a good motor. Great to just drop in. I'm going to use the trans I have in me cb7

Is the block the same size as the f22? What will I have to do to get it in my car?

Did you make an attempt to find information on here, first?

You'll need:

To use your driver's side mount bracket and rear "T"-bracket.

You'll want to use the factory engine harness, only modified for injector plugs and VTEC added.

Use your accessories and brackets. The power steering bracket will use two of the three holes.

Use your OEM distributor.

Get a 3-wire to 2-wire IACV adapter from Rosko Racing and use your OEM IACV.

You'll use the F23A header and it will require you to modify the end where it meets the catalytic converter.

Wire up VTEC to the ECU plugs.

Either a P0A ECU or a tuned P28/P06 will be required to operate VTEC. The P0A will require you to swap pins A6 and A11, but is somewhat of a plug-and-go procedure. Its issues are that it's designed for the F22B1 and much more economy-minded than the F23A.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      Did you make an attempt to find information on here, first?

You'll need:

To use your driver's side mount bracket and rear "T"-bracket.

You'll want to use the factory engine harness, only modified for injector plugs and VTEC added.

Use your accessories and brackets. The power steering bracket will use two of the three holes.

Use your OEM distributor.

Get a 3-wire to 2-wire IACV adapter from Rosko Racing and use your OEM IACV.

You'll use the F23A header and it will require you to modify the end where it meets the catalytic converter.

Wire up VTEC to the ECU plugs.

Either a P0A ECU or a tuned P28/P06 will be required to operate VTEC. The P0A will require you to swap pins A6 and A11, but is somewhat of a plug-and-go procedure. Its issues are that it's designed for the F22B1 and much more economy-minded than the F23A.
      Thanks so much. I did search but I guess I must be doing it wrong. Searching that is. I could fling stuff for f20b. F22b and others but nothing about the F23A1. I have the ecu co the F23A. I just got a second F23A1. US. It has a blown head gasket but all the bolt ons are good. I guess spare parts or I could fix it to get more cash in the budget for this build. This weekend I'll start.

Will I be able to use the intake that came with the motor? JDM motor. I have to look at the cpu. Thank you all for the info on this site. Love it.

Comment

I picked up an h23 intake Manny from a junk yard here are n jersey for 30 bucks. Sweet. It's whole too. Injectors and all. I have it sitting on the side for now. Waiting on my gasket set to arrive and some headers I ordered on ebay for 60 bucks. I figured it wouldn't hurt to replace the stock manifold with headers. Once I get the gaskets and all I'll post more. Not bad for a little more horse power. Jdm engine depot has three motors. 300 each. Just to let everyone know. Thank you all agai . I'll be back with pictures.

Comment

That H23A1 intake manifold isn't going to do you any good on the F23A. Just compare the intake manifold gaskets. The intake ports on the F23A are much smaller than the H23A1.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            That H23A1 intake manifold isn't going to do you any good on the F23A. Just compare the intake manifold gaskets. The intake ports on the F23A are much smaller than the H23A1.
            Yea. It's way different. It's cool though. I'll hold on to it.

Comment

I actually found a whole topic on this build. Man. I just needed to look a bit harder. LOL

Comment

Working...
              X