Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Windows roll up/down jerky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows roll up/down jerky

Hey all. The windows on my coupe are rolling down funny. They're not exactly crooked, just kind of jerky. Also, the driver side window is starting to get scratched slightly. Can't seem to find any other threads about this but what may be the problem?

The problem may lie in the inner door panel window strip, The one connected to the chrome trim. The felt on the inner part is probably wearing off due to either some windex or some other solution causing it to deteriorate. I'm assuming it only does it in cold weather. But sometimes when it's hot, they are fine? That's because the glass is rubbing against the rubber and probably causing it to scratch the tint or glass from dirt debris.

ShiroiKinCB

Comment

Clean the window guides. Grease and you should be good.

Comment

I have experienced a couple reasons for this in the past.

Listed in the order I think to be most common to least common based on my experiences.

-The felt being wore off the rubber window seal as ShiroiKinCB stated.

Replacing the seal which is about $90 per window for a sedan is a long term fix.

Short term fixes I've found involve lubing up the track with white lithium grease etc. Not proper but works. This is hard to do thoroughly with the window still installed in the door but I find it easier than removing the window glass as an alternative.

-The window glass seal being bound due to wear/age causing misalignment. These seals are way old by now. Seal issues are most likely.

I don't know any fixes other than replacement. Typically they start to bind and buckle in the front corners by the mirrors. They can be pushed down but don't typically stay. This is generally due to the felt being gone and the window glass pulling the seal up with it ever so slightly over time.

-The window glass being misaligned or needing realignment after previous replacement.

If the felt is still in tact somehow and the rubber track/seal is inspected thoroughly and good then it may be misaligned. Aftermarket regulators don't always work well and from my experience are difficult or impossible to align properly. If the regulator motor has went out at one time thus the whole regulator assembly was replaced this is possible. But the issue you are experiencing is likely due to worn seals.

Comment

Instead of using grease which can be really messy, I have used regular ArmorAll as a lubricant in the window channels. Clean them first as best you can (removing the glass is best), then use a Q-tip to apply some ArmorAll in the channels.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thanks guys! Ill try all of these later

Comment

Working...
            X