Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!!!

I've Searched and only found similar cases of this.... I have 91 ex auto, starts in 2nd and goes right to 4th. No 1st, no 3rd, no overdrive. i know my fluid is just a hair over full and I recently changed it (within 6 months of this). My car just started doing this yesterday after I removed my sport switch and wiring to the harness on the shifter and swapped my gauges for a cluster that doesnt have sport mode Since neither the lights nor the gas gauge worked, temp was picky too because of a bowing gauge face (white face gauges. Cluster came from a 91 according to info written on it.

What the hell is causing this. it was fine b4 i did either of those 2 and i have since hooked the sport switch and wiring back up. Could the gauges have anything to do with it? Also, the d4 light is on when in any other gear but d4 and goes out when I put it into d4. Car does not downshift to 3rd from 4th even manually. I only have 2 and 4.

PLEASE HELP?!?!?
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-Jack Daniels in one hand-chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up-totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO!, What a Ride!

its your shift solenoid dude i have one if you want 20 shipped and its yours

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
    "2SIIC"
    Authentic Jerseys for sale
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Check for codes and post here so we can help.

The 90 Accord 4DR Sedan my son and I are building.

Comment

I had temp. fixed the problem by swappin the old cluster back into the car. Strange as that may sound it actually gave me back 1st and 3rd gears. Now the new problem is.... when I test drove the car, it would downshift to 2nd all by itself. when i put into d3 or neutral and then back or if I shut down and restarted the car, i would 3rd and 4th back, but, it would downshift within a couple of minutes. I tried resetting the ECU on the odd chance, still nothing. I'm just short of dynamiting the gas tank and celbrating the 4th of july early!!! Could it be the TCU?, Could it be something else besides the tranny that I just havent thought of? I even went as far as to adjust the shifter cable.

One thing I forgot, when I disconnect the kick-down cable, it seems to shift better, it just starts in 2nd and doesn't downshift as easy.
        "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-Jack Daniels in one hand-chocolate in the other-body thoroughly used up-totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO!, What a Ride!

Comment

you know what.... I'm just gonna get rid of this p.o.s., it has more problems than it's worth. The windshield leaks, the trunk leaks, the back 1/4 windows leak, it has no windshield trim(blew off at 75 mph on I-88), needs a new exhaust, new front rotors, new bake drums, new cv axles on both sides, needs it's 1/4 panels to be cut off and have new ones welded on, new drivers side fender, new bumper mounts, new door handles on both doors inside(vise grip opens pass. door) , needs a paint job, various dents removed, PLUS whatever is going on with the tranny right now. That's all I think. Oh yeah, the gauge light STILL don't work cuz i still have to use the old blown out circuit board, but, AT LEAST I HAVE A GAS GAUGE THAT WORKS NOW (Figures I get that working and the rest of the car falls to shit. Plus i want a 5-speed, so thanx anyway and go ahead and delete this thread.

P.S. Thanx for letting me rant. I feel better.
          Last edited by rtbmxny5; 01-17-2007, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X