circuit city back??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

circuit city back??

what was on some website and this link poped up. Are the trying to make a comeback?

http://www.circuitcity.com/
    Xbox: cityslika4g63

thats interesting, i knwo they shut down all the stores but im not sure they shut down their site....maybe they have inventory they want to move or maybe a new investor?
    1993 Accord LX - Sold
    93 BMW 525it - SOLD
    92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
    2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
    2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
    2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
    2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
    2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

I remember when they went out the site went down too. It came up with a page telling everyone that they was closing.

It could be but when they went out I dont think that they had 3d tvs out yet. They have some new stuff on there also.

Comment

http://www.circuitcity.com/sectors/aboutus/index.asp

read towards the bottom.

life is good.

Comment

* Circuit City Stores, a defunct U.S. consumer electronics retailer (1949–2009)
          * CircuitCity.com, an online retailer launched in 2009 under the stores' former domain name

Comment

**NOTICE REGARDING SYSTEMAX INC. PURCHASE OF SELECTED CIRCUIT CITY ASSETS

On May 19, 2009, selected assets of Circuit City, Inc. were sold to Systemax Inc., including intellectual property (trademarks, patents, etc.), domain names, customer lists, contact information, other customer basic information and other assets.

For more information about any transactions that took place prior to May 2009, please click here.
            Is that what you were talking about, Noah?

I've heard rumors that they're going to be opening their retail stores again. I've also heard CompUSA is returning. My friend said he saw one that was operational in DE.

Comment

yeah, that's what i was referring to. when i lived in burlington, VT we had a CompUSA, a Staples, a Best Buy, a Circuit City, and a smaller privately owned store all within a few blocks of each other (in williston, a neighboring town). the small store was the first to go. then it was comp usa. then circuit city. someone make up their damn minds! lol.

i loved circuit city but honestly the prices were so jacked that a poor fellar like me couldn't afford to buy more than blank CD-R's and a small bedroom-friendly LCD tv. we'll have to see what happens.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

I've heard rumors that they're going to be opening their retail stores again. I've also heard CompUSA is returning. My friend said he saw one that was operational in DE.
                There are no CompUSA's up north?

no
                Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                $30 HID kits here Thread
                "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

i don't believe so not up around here. maybe down towards manchester NH and mass. eric or zach would know...but no not in VT to my knowledge.

life is good.

Comment

There were a handful in NJ. I can think of the locations of about 5 of them (well, former locations...), and I regularly drive around about 65% of the state. I preferred CompUSA to Best Buy. And Circuit City was FINALLY starting to step up to the same level as Best Buy, without being as obnoxious... I had just decided that I liked CC better when they said they were closing!

Comment

i worked for CC before they went under. CC.com was basically bought out by a third party and kept alive.

Comment

Yeah, I mean... people know and trust the name. Who the hell knows who Systemax is? I only know their name from the cheap computer systems I've seen on tigerdirect.com!

Smart move on their part. Being a computer company that already has an online presence, they're really doing nothing more than putting a familiar face on their existing business.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Where in DE?

The old Circuit City here in Dover is the current CompUSA.

Comment

Not sure. He works for a company that goes all over the place. Chances are though, that's probably it.

Comment

Oh I see now. It was a good store. I would rather spend my money there than best buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X