Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Where to spend money first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to spend money first?

I would like your opinion on what to invest into my car. I am about to replace my F22a with a F22B DOHC and I would like to hear some input on where to put money and try to make my car better. Oh, btw, I would love for my car to remain a sleeper and not overly extravagant on the exterior.

What is your end goal? What is your experience level? What is your budget?

Comment

Maintenance. Preventive Maintenance. The stuff that has been neglected for years. And clean it. Then worry about engine swaps or whatever.

If a person cannot or doesn't want to do the maintenance then they will surely not know how to or will not have good results with engine swaps and such.
      Last edited by H311RA151N; 10-02-2014, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Don't use the word invest, use the word waste/dump, because a car is a terrible investment.... Maintenance, then upgrade your brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
          What is your end goal? What is your experience level? What is your budget?
          I'm trying to restore a 91 Accord Lx that is not in great shape. One of the cylinders is dead and I am replacing the engine, and I am about to weld the muffler bc there is a giant hole. I would love for this car to be a car to hold on for a while.

Comment

Preventive maintenece. While you have the motor out, its a great chance to change things like water pump, head gasket, ect. A lot easier to get to everything with the motor out of the car. Change any bushings you need to change, wheel bearings, things that tend to break ya know.
            93 4dr ex 5 speed
            97 Integra DB7

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
              Maintenance. Preventive Maintenance. The stuff that has been neglected for years. And clean it. Then worry about engine swaps or whatever.
              This. Exactly this.

And fix your damn transmission issue before you go doing engine swaps and the like! Throwing go-fast parts at your car won't do any good until you fix the other things that make it function properly. Repair and replace anything that isn't working properly. Refresh your ENTIRE suspension. Adding power to a car with a worn out suspension will only make the car dangerous.

These are old cars. They take a certain degree of attention before modifying them. If you're not up to that, sell it to someone who is, and buy yourself a newer car.

Comment

Working...
              X