opossum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opossum

Ok.. so my sister was about to let the dogs out into the backyard to do there business when she noticed something like 10 feet from the door. I go and look and there is a(n) opossum just laying there. We're not sure if it's dead or playing dead but i shined my maglight into it's face and it's still laying there. This sucker is HUGE!!!!!!! one of our cats was looking out the back door earlier in the day but i didn't pay attention to what she was looking at, maybe this was it?

I don't want to go out there and get messed up by a(n) opossum because i don't have health insurance and i hear they put up a big fight too. I don't own a gun either. The dogs do need to go do their business though because it's getting late.

Should i go out there and poke it with a stick to make sure it is dead? or should i just go ape shit and beat it with a metal bat?

Anyhow i hobbled down to my room because my left foot has been bothering me to post this for advice. I'm serious about this too..

* is it "an opossum" or "a opossum"?

Feel for a pulse. If there's no pulse, it's dead. If there is a pulse, beware of teeth.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

its possum. atleast thats how I say it lol

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

idk man.. i was going to throw on a pair of jeans, something long sleeved, shoes, mechanic's gloves and poke it with a metal bat. my brother has a machete he got from the Ren Fair i was going to carry as a backup weapon.

heres a pic of it, sorry about the glare as it came from my phone's flash.

Do you guys think there is the possibility that there may be more around?

Comment

take your bat out there with you (my mom beat the shit out of one of those bastards one night) what she did was put the end of the bat at it's mouth (she was curious about it's teeth) then beat the shit out of it. it's basically a big ass rat with razor sharp teeth. be careful, don't let your guard down!!
          1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
          1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
          1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
          1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
            Feel for a pulse. If there's no pulse, it's dead. If there is a pulse, beware of teeth.
            Don't do that. haha.
            You got a shovel? Scoop that sumbitch up and toss it over the fence.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Originally posted by cbscandal View Post
              Don't do that. haha.
              You got a shovel? Scoop that sumbitch up and toss it over the fence.
              I would but i'm surrounded by neighbors plus my sister and her boyfriend won't come out to help....

* Ok i'm going out. If i don't reply, i'm probably dead.

Comment

Move him behind your tires. Go to the store to buy rat poison.
                MRT
                37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                Originally posted by Tippey764
                I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                Originally posted by deevergote
                sneaky motherfucker

Comment

i get them a lot. they arent that bad. they usually run off if you broom them away lol. that or use a hose

no
                  Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                  $30 HID kits here Thread
                  "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                  "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Ok it was dead and i found another one around the side but it was younger.

SO in all there were two of them and it looked like they froze to death. It's not even that cold outside... my sister's bf thinks they were poisoned but we wouldn't have done that. I prefer to trap everything humanely.

*The big one must have weighed like 20 pounds or so and the baby one was about 4 or 5 pounds.

Comment

"an opossum"

And careful... they play dead.

Comment

Yeah, are you sure they're dead? They're pretty convincing.

We're in the studio, stay tuned.----------(click)-------->

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          "an opossum"

And careful... they play dead.
                          well I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it " hey you can't sleep here."

after waiting about a minute or two and it looked like it wasn't breathing so i just grabbed it by the tail and dropped it into a blue trash bag. While i was picking it up i could hear it's tail popping like it had become dislocated.

I've got another picture on my phone but the photobucket app is being lame and won't upload it. It was just a picture of the big opossum with a razor sharp looking tooth sticking out.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                            well I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it " hey you can't sleep here."

after waiting about a minute or two and it looked like it wasn't breathing so i just grabbed it by the tail and dropped it into a blue trash bag. While i was picking it up i could hear it's tail popping like it had become dislocated.
                            lol.

And picking him up by his tail is probably equivalent of picking you up by your thumb.
                            MRT
                            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                            Originally posted by Tippey764
                            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffM View Post
                              lol.

And picking him up by his tail is probably equivalent of picking you up by your thumb.
                              i tried scooping it with the shovel but it kept falling off so i just said screw it "i'm going in."

Comment

Working...
                              X