Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How much do you pay for car insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaroonPünSaloon View Post
    FACT!! Health insurance sucks and is only slated to get a lot worse. My employer, a giant private ambulance company who I wont name, decided to nix my health coverage 2 days after I started to deal with this recent fight against Rheumatoid arthritis and Crones disease. Soooo, now Im draining my disability insurance fund DRY while trying to find a doctor that will see me on the god awful Medi-Cal since I cant afford $950 a month!! I almost passed out when they quoted me that. Gotta love that pre-existing health care dealio, they cant deny you coverage, unless you cant afford it! Then you're livin on the Guvment dole and it is a never ending merry go round of Fuckery. My 2 cents
    That's a hell of a situation to be in... Needless to say I would be very upset.

Originally posted by Flip-Eye View Post
    Most of you guys aren't gonna believe me.

26, decent driving record, no at fault accidents.

I pay 116 tax in a year. Yup that's less than 10$/month.

However, we pay 365/Yr in registration, apparently it covers a portion of civil liability or something.
    Who's we? That makes all the difference. If I were on a policy with my grandfather (which I was when I was 16 so I could be able afford insurance) then it's very believable. Mine was $24/mo IIRC.

Comment

0$ , where I live cars aren't worth insuring , seriously cars here look like junkyard cars with the tires somewhat inflated

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
        That's a hell of a situation to be in... Needless to say I would be very upset.

Who's we? That makes all the difference. If I were on a policy with my grandfather (which I was when I was 16 so I could be able afford insurance) then it's very believable. Mine was $24/mo IIRC.
        Sorry for not being specific, by we I meant people in Quebec.

How much do plates run you guys annually?

Comment

Originally posted by Flip-Eye View Post
          Sorry for not being specific, by we I meant people in Quebec.

How much do plates run you guys annually?
          You just buy plates once here in MO. Either when they come out with a new style licence plates (only had three styles since I have been alive) or when you purchase a vehicle (doesn't have plates). They charge you for the sticker. If your car is an odd number year (1991) then you can only register for one year stickers if the current year is an even number (2014). So for instance this year, 2015, any car made on an odd number year) (1991, 1993, 1995, you can register for two year stickers.

Every time you need new stickers then you have to have an inspection. Unless the vehicle is 5 years old or newer IIRC.

Tags cost about $30 for a car. Trucks are different, for instance I have 18,000 pound beyond local tags on my 86 F250 and they run $65 and I have to get new stickers every year.

There is local and beyond local. There will be a BL or L on the top right hand corner of the plate for trucks follow by a single or double digit number representing the max weight the vehicle is registered for. So mine is BL 18. Local means you can only drive the vehicle up to 50 miles from home (which is bullshit) and beyond local means you can go where you please.

The stickers are color coded so cops can spot you easily if yours are expired. Stickers are like $7.50 for 1 year and $14.50 for two years IIRC. Inspections are $12.50 pass or fail. Which I have a problem with because I can never keep a horn working on any vehicle I have ever had for very long.

Personal property tax where I live is like $10.25 a year on a CB7.

Comment

I'm 24, one collision and one ticket, wawaneesa imsurance quoted me $334 for a whole year.

I pay 85 bucks for tags (stickers) and I have to smog it every 2 years, another 55 smackers.

Comment

No smog here. Thank fuck. Nothing anyone has would pass.

Comment

No smog here. Thank fuck. Nothing anyone has would pass.
                Some how, my bone stock f22a1 with 280k on it passed the first try

Comment

You just buy plates once here in MO. Either when they come out with a new style licence plates (only had three styles since I have been alive) or when you purchase a vehicle (doesn't have plates). They charge you for the sticker. If your car is an odd number year (1991) then you can only register for one year stickers if the current year is an even number (2014). So for instance this year, 2015, any car made on an odd number year) (1991, 1993, 1995, you can register for two year stickers.

Every time you need new stickers then you have to have an inspection. Unless the vehicle is 5 years old or newer IIRC.

Tags cost about $30 for a car. Trucks are different, for instance I have 18,000 pound beyond local tags on my 86 F250 and they run $65 and I have to get new stickers every year.

There is local and beyond local. There will be a BL or L on the top right hand corner of the plate for trucks follow by a single or double digit number representing the max weight the vehicle is registered for. So mine is BL 18. Local means you can only drive the vehicle up to 50 miles from home (which is bullshit) and beyond local means you can go where you please.

The stickers are color coded so cops can spot you easily if yours are expired. Stickers are like $7.50 for 1 year and $14.50 for two years IIRC. Inspections are $12.50 pass or fail. Which I have a problem with because I can never keep a horn working on any vehicle I have ever had for very long.

Personal property tax where I live is like $10.25 a year on a CB7.

Man, I want to move to MO!!
                  Originally posted by cb7dazz
                  And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  ...for example

Comment

I remember paying 50 or 60 a month for liability (Geico) on my CB when I was around 23 years old with a couple speeding tickets and one collision on my record. I'm currently getting full coverage for my RSX through Geico at just shy of $90 a month with a couple tickets on this car - currently 26 years old.

I can't remember initial plate costs, but new stickers every year are about $95. Emissions tests, which as far as I know are a simple tailpipe test and making sure you have a cat (probably horn, as it's standard in-garage movement procedure anyway), are every other year at $25. If what I overheard is correct, if you pass two different roadside emissions tests at least 24 hours apart in Colorado, you don't have to visit the dyno test.
                    Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-10-2015, 07:12 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

19, careless driving in 2013, nothing else on my record
                      $69/mo geico 93 lx sedan, minimum coverage but $50k property damage.

state farm wanted $105 and nationwide wanted 100, esurance wanted something ridiculous like 160, so did progressive. I thought my careless combined with my age would fuck me, but geico seems ok with it? Odd.

Comment

Way too damn much..recent accident and ticket
                        " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Your credit score affects your insurance a lot. Stupidly it affects it a lot more then your driving record. im 34 and I have four cars on my insurance with home owners etc so mine is not a good judge. I know my accord only adds like 75 every six months to my insurance though.

Comment

Home owners on your car insurance policy (or the other way around, which ever way you want to put it) makes a big difference. Mine was on the same policy but I found a better price since I own my home outright.

Some states have banned the practice of credit score based insurance. Rightfully so.

Comment

My insurance is based on my driving history. I'm a good driver, but I spend a LOT of time on the road. I've experienced far more than the average number of fender benders, and I've earned myself quite a collection of tickets (some unjustified... but that's another story completely... )

I just got my bill for my Fit and my Cadillac. CB7 is off the road at the moment. Fit and Caddy are costing me over $5000 for the year.

Comment

Home owners on your car insurance policy (or the other way around, which ever way you want to put it) makes a big difference. Mine was on the same policy but I found a better price since I own my home outright.

Some states have banned the practice of credit score based insurance. Rightfully so.
                                I have USAA and they give you a discount for having multiple policies. I have my mortage insurance and auto insurance through them.

Comment

Working...
                                X